Young to Work Hard and Remain Prepared

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

The hamstring injury preceded the game and was a bother all game long. Everyone on the sideline knew that. It was hardly illogical that Fisher would have assumed the hamstring had somthing to do with the delay, especially since it was the fourth quarter by then. But, regardless, that explanation was never Vince's, it was Fisher's.

2. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

"You ain't seen nothing yet"; "Can't nobody stop me" They are all variations on the same theme. I knew just what Vince meant when he said it. Pelly was "doubting" whether the Titans would be as good as Vince believed they'd be in the 2007 season. Vince expressed that kind of confidence about the team in several interviews during that period. He was being completly consistant in expressing his confidence. So, of course, some fans haven't quit bashing him for it since it happened because either they didn't get it or because they've only heard the line out of context and repeated with a negative spin since that time.

3. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

Being born and raised in Texas helps alot with understanding Vinceisms. :)

4. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

I'm just saying that if everyone had stayed on message with the Hamstring Alibi, then maybe Vince could have kept his job. Instead he didn't show up on Monday for the MRI, went missing for a few hours, the gun, Fisher calling Metro Police, every thing spiraling out of control....The hamstring alibi
    was plausible.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't care what the context is. I understand that Ebonics is a language that very few can truly perfect, but this is over the top. I've heard expressions like:
    "can't tell me nothing"
    "ain't nothin' that can stop me"

...but "can't nobody tell me nothing" takes the cake. Ain't nobody who talks like that!

Google "can't nobody tell me nothing" and Kanye West is the biggest search result. What a class act. The only time the actual phrase "can't nobody tell me nothing" came up as an exact result is when some moron on YouTube used that expression in his video description.

My dad's side of the family resides in Austin and Amarillo, TX. Even they would be completely puzzled by Vince's remarks.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

lol.. nice. But I don't get that pic..
    I mean the mouth can only accommodate a certain amount of smoke right? So what's he trying to do?

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I might not be born and raised in Texas like you claim to be, nor do I claim to speak or understand Vinceism... whatever the hell that is.. but, unless I was born on the moon, I really don't see the 'confidence' in "ain't nobody can tell me nothing"..

If anything, I see a whole lot of selfishness, stubbornness, immaturity, and dumbness.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

paraphrased-

Reporter "Hey Vince, you've been making some crazy predictions about your team making the playoffs. Don't you think you should cool it?"

Vince "Man, can't nobody tell me nothing. We going to the playoffs."

That is the context of the interview and response. What about that is selfish? Stubborn?

It may be immature to a degree, it may be dumb grammar.

Once again, this proves without a doubt Vince cannot win in interviews.

He makes a prideful comment about the team he's playing for and his confidence in making the playoffs, and the fans use it against him.

Sad really.

9. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I laughed my @$$ off when i saw that pic. But i agree with you,i'm not quite sure what the guy is thinking,apparently he's not...There's easily over 200 cigs on that wheel,thats instant death if he was in even capable of inhaling all those. Still funny as hell though

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

This thread will never reach the size of my old thread that they had to lock cause it was so big.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar