Young to Remain Titans #2 QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Tennessee Titans Coach Jeff Fisher put any backup QB controversy to rest yesterday stating Vince Young is his team's #2. "He’s always been our No. 2 quarterback and he’ll remain that," Fisher said. "He’s done a nice job most of the time on the field in games as well as on the practice field." Young is 34-of-57 passing for 377 yards, with three touchdowns and three interceptions in four preseason games. Young bounced back from two turnovers against the Browns to finish 17-of-24 for 174 yards and a TD. "He’s taken responsibility for things," said Fisher. "He knows the position is not an easy position to play, and there’s going to be some negative plays, but you have to move on."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:whoop:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well I hope this puts a stop to the members here making a case versus Young as the backup QB. Ramsey will be sitting at home on Sundays, no need for three QB's on game day.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The old HC endorsement manoeuvre.

That usually signals that a player is about to be cut.:stirpot::ha:

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. amy

amy Starter

I read in Clymer's column this morning that Vince was redshirted his first year at Texas. What are some reasons for redshirting freshmen? Yeah, I know it's a silly question, but I still would like to hear your answers. Thanks.

6. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

Generally you redshirt a player because it gives them an extra year of eligibility.

It's not very common that a Freshman QB is better than a JR or SR QB already on the team that knows the system, so redshirting them allows them time to learn the system and gives the school more stability at the position.

And BTW, no question is a stupid question! :thumb:

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

A student athlete may opt to redshirt for one year which allows the athlete to spread four years of eligibility over five years. So if they saw that Vince was special early and couldn't contribute then, they redshirt him to make him able to give them something later.

8. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

Any chance Ramsey had went out the window Saturday night with Vince's solid outing and Ramsey nursing sore ribs.

9. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

Agreed!

But having him here may have been what finally put a fire under Vince's @ss!

He isn't starter worthy yet, but with another year under Collins, we may see an even better VY next season.

That's just a dream right now though.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I pray this is the last year Young is in a titans uniform.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar