Young Practices with Vets for First Time

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Anybody heard of how Cutler and Lienart are doing?

2. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

Leinart is further ahead in camp than the cardinals thought he would be, but we all knew he would be easier to preparre and Cutler is throwing the ball well. Nothing we didn't know already.

3. its good that a lot of the vets think he is comming along at a fast rate, makes me excited and maybe he will be starting soon

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

it does mention he had troubles with the center to quarterback exchange but that he did complete some nice passes during the practice

5. Eddie_Pine

Eddie_Pine Camp Fodder

I hope steve gives vince all his magic.. Imagine the combonation..., Mcnair Lasers and Young Moves!!

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Young "option" plays coming up on NFL network in in few minutes.

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I hope he learns how to read defenses. Last thing I want to see is the Titans reducing him to one read then run like Texas did. Defenses would eat him alive.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Young might be good enough to be effective with only a couple of reads. Mac was never a great see the whole field type QB (looking off safties and such) which is why he was far less effective when he lost his one read guy in Mason. Young only needs to have one hot WR a TE and an option to run. The other WRs and TEs can be decoys. His running ability which I believe will be better than Mac ever was will put great pressure on the defense especially if we have effective play action because of a strong running game.

9. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Oh we'll have a strong running game, if only the O-line is equally as strong this year. We wouldn't want to risk a Carson Palmer type injury on Young. O-line step up!

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]
    this is a real great signiture btw...
    I agree... the running game, young aside is key for the titans offense to be effective... this includes eating clock and moving the chains. we could kill them with long passes if we could only manage to not only have the play selection but great yardage per touch with the running backs. If we can keep it on the ground and move it... a lead can give the team the ability to open it up a little. I feel like the titans could be the shockers of the afc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar