Young Possible to Play Entire Second Half Against Saints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though it hasn't been made official, it appears rookie QB Vince Young will play most or all the second half in the preseason opener this Saturday against the Saints. Asked how much Young would play in his professional debut, Titans offensive coordinator Norm Chow replied, "A lot. I don’t know exactly. Jeff [Fisher] and I have talked about it one time, but it’ll be a lot." Young is already excited about his opportunity Saturday. "I think I’m about 60 to 65 percent [ready]," Young said. "I won’t know until the game starts how ready I am, but I’m getting myself ready and getting prepared. That’s why I was trying to get the guys pumped up today and motivated, and letting them know that we’ve got a game this week, so let’s turn it up another notch."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm stoked. I'm assuming Bush is going to play- anybody heard any different?

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think VY will destroy the Saints d. That's not saying much but our defense had better come to play and give up less than 10 pts. in the 1st half and a maximum 14 in the second half. I predict three second half TD's for the Titans and ultimately a win to by the count of 17-31. Also, look for a Pacman TD in the first half. :winker:

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Haven't heard anything about Bush playing or not, but he'll have had two full weeks in camp, hopefully he'll play some. Deuce won't play much.

I'm predicting a win, but who knows what else.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The Saints have selected Option B. Bad Choice.

6. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

I'd think it more likely that Young would play the second and third quarters rather than the whole second half. I wouldn't think they'd want Volek out there the entire first half in the first pre-season game, and giving Young the middle two quarter would still give Mauck and Hodges some needed reps. I'm looking forward to it, but in truth, I'm more excited about what Volek and the starters look like than Young. Young's time is coming, though.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Vince handles snaps from under the centre & his passing game in general.

While it would be fun to see him take off & run for a truck load of yards & TD's I wouldn't necessarily see that as progress unless he has a half decent passing effort too.

I can't see them letting Brees take any snaps against our 1st team D so we could see a lot of Bush action against them which would be a great test for the D.

U can never see too much Bush! :lol:

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

man, those rose colored glasses are shining bright.

I am more interested in how:

1.) How Volek handles being the #1 QB.
    2.) who shines at RB
    3.) is Givens a #1 WR
    4.) can the WR's get separation from the defense
    5.) can the 1st team defense step up
    6.) If Jones can keep his emotions intact when a WR gets in his face
    7.) if Young can handle the snaps from center
    8.) If Young can stop getting the ball knocked down at the line of scrimmage
    9.) Can Bironas still be accurate
    10.) Has Chow learned anything

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Bit harsh there dude:irked:

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

oh well :whoop:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar