Young Playing to Mixed Reviews

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: After a week of training camp, rookie Vince Young appears amazing at times while making his share of interceptions and mishandled snaps. "As you would expect, the nature of the position is going to be challenging," Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said. "There is going to be mistakes. What he's doing is learning from his mistakes. That's a mark of a good player." Young will make his debut on Saturday when the Titans face the Saints. "I am tired of looking at our defense," Young said. "They pretty much know all our plays. They know some of our audibles and a lot of things like that. I think we are all looking forward to going out there and playing somebody new without the coaches on the field."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm going to make the Saints an offer.
    Do you want Option A?
    you leave the Gato and the girl, and you walk out of town no questions asked.
    Or Option B?

3. Very similar to his start in College, flashes of briliance interspersed with the occassional boneheaded rookie mistake. Hope fans have the same patience that the coaches seem to be exhibiting.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Phi, major props for mentioning that movie... I often wonder if I'm the only person who saw it and actually liked it.

5. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Lets just hope he tears it up against the Saints

6. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

This is actually good news. People need to remember that this is his first week in training camp. It could have been much much worse.

His errors are brought up, and they should be. But one must not forget that everyone else is making errors too. Even Volek. So, lets just hope that the time during preseason will help VY even more. And when his time comes he will make it happen.

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

This is going to be a big week for both Vince and Bush. Both will be looking to show the world why they should have been #1. I expect to see Bush have the better day but I expect Vince to show a little Brilliance in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar