Young or Volek

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LT21Titans27, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I likes me some Vince but no shape, way, or form is he ready to start. He is still having a tough time with progressions. Let him master this in as low pressure situations as possible and THEN he'll be ready.

If we start him now, I believe he'll be another Mike Vick. Which isn't bad, but we've not maximized his potential with balance.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

In that case BV's got nothing to worry about. Because if things continue on the way they are, VY will be starting before you know it. And, BV will be the most popular QB in Nashville.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Put me in this camp. I'm hoping Young doesn't see the field except in certain packages until late this season if at all.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Who's running the show? First, Fisher says VY is the #2, now with one pregame season left they're bringing in Collins?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

because Volek has sucked and VY is not ready.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yeah and Collins will make this a winning team :rolleyes:

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he might do better then Volek has.

8. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Somebody please tell me how Volek has "sucked". No, he has not played perfect or even great. But who on this team has? Last night he went 14/22, for 141 yards. And that was with absolutely no running game. That doesn't say "suck" to me.

On the other hand, Young looked terrible on Saturday. He looked confused and indecisive. I think he has great potential, but he is nowhere near ready. And don't get me started on bringing in Collins. I will lose most, if not all, of my confidence in Reese if he brings this "winner" to TN. He is old and he doesn't know the offense. He is less mobile than Volek and he would be down and out in a matter of games. Stick with Volek and Young, and bring in some OL and DL help.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Not even Tom Brady would make this a winning team in it's current state, so why waste money on Collins? I'd rather we play Billy and if he gets hurt Young and Mauck can alternate. We're not going to the playoffs anyways, so might as well just get our young players as much experience as possible.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

So, VY was ready when Fisher said we're going into the season with him #2, but now he's not ready?
    He wasn't ready then, so why didn't they bring Collins in then so he could go through camp and Preseason to learn the system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar