Young or Volek

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LT21Titans27, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

ie: Cody Carlson

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Cody Carlson slapped down one of the top five worst losses in Pittsburgh Steeler history, and to this day, Pittsburgh fans say they have never recovered. He then almost repeated the performance a year later, except Al Del Greco missed the game winner. He was popular cause he knocked down the steel curtain, or whatever was left of it, and sent them packing for the playoffs. I believed in him too. Bucky Richardson was a long time favorite as well.

3. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

Volek is playing as if his job werent on the line.... which it isnt

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Exactly. The OL stinks.
    Also, I haven't seen Young show alot of play making ability yet. He did run for the TD against the Broncos but overall he looks tenative and confused at times. He has a way to go before he becomes the starter.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

^ I seriously think that Fisher want Young to focus on his reads and passing rather then make plays.

6. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

I agree we should start Vince- Billy is an adequate backup, but he is not the future of this franchise. Of course, either QB needs an offensive line whose play is NOT offensive. What this team needs on both sides of the ball is a sense of pride and to play with a level of controlled desperation. These guys are not shocked by it. They are appathetic.

7. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Just like all the fans in the Ravens' camp are wanting Boller to be the starter now... Now that is hilarious! :ha:

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

the problem is, if we start young, and he doesnt do well, the first thing youre going to hear, is "the next ryan leaf", and if that gets to his head, hell never recover

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

well he's been hearing "he cant be a good qb" for about 3 years. that hasnt hurt him yet.

and in regards to the thread question..i likes me some vince young.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

when drew bennett and billy volek were hooking up like they were playing backyard football, people started thinking that volek might break out, but then mcnair came back, and bennett lost his hot streak, and now with conservative Chao a the offensive coordinator, the idea of the long ball is gone, should Chao think of looking deep this season, to help volek given the success in the past?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar