Young Looks Good in Wednesday Practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans QB Vince Young returned to practice on Wednesday from a quad muscle strain that sidelined him last week. "He looked like we expected him to look," said coach Jeff Fisher. "He was fine. He didn’t have any difficulty managing or running the offense. That was encouraging." Fisher went on to say Young was eager to be back on the practice field. "Oh yeah, he’s very excited. He spent yesterday watching tape and getting treatment," said Fisher. "He got a good, early start on the game plan and he’s very excited." When asked, Fisher felt Young benefited by watching backup QB Kerry Collins work last week. "He (Young) got to watch an experienced veteran quarterback, his backup, who had really been his biggest supporter since the time he’s gotten here, go out and get the job done," Fisher continued. "I think it was a good experience for him."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Considering he's looked crap all year this is typical Fisher speak.:ha:

3. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

You're just another hater man....

I remember when Steve McNair came into the league everyone said the same old ****... He'll get better you'll see

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

How true about Fisher making things seem fine when really they are not. Sometimes this really makes me mad. But I do agree that Young has already improved from last year. It's just that without his running BEING INCLUDED with the improvement he is below average. I have all the faith but would definitely like to see him take off when that throw isn't there.

AND WE ARE 4-2.

5. SuperTitan

SuperTitan Camp Fodder

I know that everyone wants to see in run the ball. However, how can he learn to sit in the pocket and read defenses if he takes off without going through all his progressions.

If he runs all the time, he will turn into a taller slower version of Mike Vick. We want a taller, faster version of Steve Young, Jeff Garcia or any of those QBs who moved in the pocket to give their WR more time go get open.

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

It does not require "hate" to state the obvious.

7. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Here's the thing about haters, they don't actually know they are hating, they think they are being productive and giving constructive criticism...They also have a tendancy to OVERSTATE the obvious. Constantly repeating what everyone already knows is HATING! :barf:

NOTE TO HATERS: When you find yourself disliking a playerso much that you credit a players good play to another player or the coaches, or chalking it up to just plain luck, and never have anything good to say about said player, no matter what,...Then you my friend are a HATER (See: Meril Hodge)

We have a bunch of Mini Hodge's out here.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Oh really.

I love Vince Young & I believe he's going to be one of the greats but right now he is hurting us.

If you can't see he's struggling right now your either blind or a complete homer.

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

That's BS! You're just a fairweather fan. Next year you'll be cheering for whoever drafts Brian Brohm.

:))

In fairness to Young, he's playing like a second year QB. Heck 3rd year guys like Alex Smith are still struggling to find their comfort level in the league. I think Cutler gets held up as an example of a guy who's adapting to the pro game better than VY, but even he has been up and down in his play (and he's surrounded by more established talent at the skill positions which I'm sure helps a young QB)

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Here's the thing about people who are quick to label others.

It's easy to assume something about a person based on one post. Labelers don't actually know the person they are labeling. They think they're being intelligent & witty & gaining favor among their peers. They have a tendency to LABEL other people to massage their own ego.

NOTE TO ZELL22: When you find yourself assuming a member is something that they're not ....then you dim friend are a HATER.(See;Zell22).

We have a bunch of ZELL22's on here.

Don't ever change buddy,it feels great knowing that I'm than you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar