Young Going to Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I guess sarcasm really doesn't come across well on message boards. I thought I did a good enough job by putting a smilie in, but apparently not, I don't even think they do strait up sprints as part of the skills competition, nor do I think Manning or Palmer would even think about taking part in them.

As far as McNair, I'm sure it's not that he's out of shape (he's only a few weeks removed from playing) but it may be sorta a 'been there, done that' type of thing more than giving it to Vince Young, but everything I've heard about that is second hand, does someone have a source article w/ comments from McNair on delining the invite?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I see Vince getting quite a bit of action

Manning will still probably go and may only take a few snaps
    Palmer should play a big chunk, but I can bet alot of the 2nd half would have alot of Vince

even if Manning bows out and McNair goes I'd still see Vince getting more time ..... it'd be different if Brady goes

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Gimme a break. Out of shape??...No. The dude, just wanted us fans to have something else to cheer about for VY. It is a righteous move, something that someone should have done for Mac when he was getting shafted when he should have rightfully gone to the pro bowl. Pay It Forward, that's all it is, he's paying it forward.

Honestly, what's he got to lose or prove??, unless he's got an incentive in his contract paying him a couple mill, then absolutely nothing. A vacation, that he could take himself any day of the week??, I don't think so. He needs to justify still being in the league, nope not that either. He either just wants to chill out with his family and give his body a rest, and let us still have some enjoyment to the season by seeing at least 1 Titan in the Pro Bowl.

He's still a Titan at heart. And for that gesture, in my book, a Good dude.

4. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

does vince have contract incentives for going to the pro bowl?
    if he does i bet they are huge for going his rookie year

if i was mac... id be like... vince, i get 250000 for going to the probowl. you get 2.5 mil... lets say you go and we split the difference.

5. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Yeah i mean last year when Mac came he played the last series, but couldnt win. I Think this is great, i mean what if the game comes down to the last drive, and then Vince has good recievers around him, that will look cool :yes: so lets enjoy it, well have to wait a while till we can see Vince.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

a lot of guys dont go to the pro bowl, i guess they're out of shape too?

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RollTide
    This is nfl football and players bust their a**es to be sucessful. You don't just give away pro bowls to be nice.

what does your post have to do with what he posted???

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you'd have to think that Ravens fans would be like WTF

here's the deal

Vince has ALOT of ProBowls ahead of him
    Steve has very few if any

as "cuddly" as it seems, it says several things
    Steve's either:
    embarrased from his last outing in Hawaii
    concerned about a health condition
    or he just doesn't give a sh*t

for some reason, I just don't buy the whole charity event
    maybe he was lower on the list than Vince was to begin with

9. i think that he might be lower on the list

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the alternate list looked like :

Tom Brady
    Vince Young
    Steve McNair
    JP Losman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar