Young gets a hand in Titans' draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONUV

ONUV Starter

NASHVILLE — As promised, the Tennessee Titans attempted to provide quarterback Vince Young with a few more weapons.

No position received more attention from the team during the NFL Draft over the weekend than wide receiver, and if the scouting reports were accurate Young got exactly what he needed.

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070430/SPORTS/704300305/1006

2. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

I see where they're coming from. I just hope that their WR scheme they've got going here works, otherwise we wasted a draft. This draft was a gamble for sure.

3. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

seems like we got guys who can actually catch...works for me.

The thing you have to remember is most big name WRs never pan out, while many of the studs come from the later rounds. I think we'll be just fine.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

told you guys paul williams is gonna be good...

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They got Vince help? It goes quality over quantity, not the other way around. I'm betting that Vince is disappointed and confused right about now.

6. ONUV

ONUV Starter

so a reporter likes the picks so that means he'll be good? odd logic.

7. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

well if anything, we got 3 fresh receivers who vince can work with fresh into the pros. they're not used to any other style pro qb. vince can show them how he plays, and teach them what they need to do. at least ONE of these guys will come out as vince's boy.

8. zackmann

zackmann Guest

at sacking the QB?

man...i need to quit beating the dead horse...:))...obviously our plan is to get in 49-42 shootouts with teams...no need to actually stop the run or sack the qb...let's focus on wr's and db's...:grrhee:

9. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Well, the premise that a pick sucks because some internet hack says so is pretty popular on this board. I dont see why the reverse cannot be true.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, but the internet guys have seen the guy suck in college, so it's much more of a safe bet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar