Young dead last this week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

John Elways first year stats:

123/259 47.5% 7 TDs 14 INTs.

Steve Young first year stats:

72/138 52.2% 3 TDs 8 INTs

It is Youngs first season. Growing pains are expected. If he turns out half as bad as either of these two I will take our Super Bowl wins as they come. Young is trying to maintain the pocket passer aspect and learn the timing. Not rely on his legs to make the play. He already knows how to do that he is working on what he needs to improve, his passing. We are not a playoff team. Let him make his mistakes now and let the Titans reap the rewards in the futur seasons. Each game he seems to get a little better. The eagles are no push over D and he scored on them.

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

All you haters are getting on my damn nerves. "shoulda drafted, lienhart, cutler....." WHATEVER....who cares...get over it.....Vince is our QB, and there is no question he will improve. It just seems to me that there are too many people out there that want him to fail. Too be honest, I am happy the way the draft went, and I like where we are right now. Yeah our record sucks, but we have been in all the games except a few, and that was with a rookie QB and a lot of holes. We are going to only get better....NOW GET ON THE YOUNG BANDWAGON!

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Well, that is just the problem, he doesn't seem to be improving. He threw 3 passes Sunday that should have been intercepted. He barely passed for 100 yards. When might this improvement start?

4. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

No matter how much Young improves... he will never be accurate. Add in the fact that our offense plays take way to long to develope... which is a direct result of Youngs inability to comprehend and read the most basic defenses... followed by, he throws a terrible deep-ball.

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

he will never be accurate? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. Nine

Nine Starter

Obviously not.

Everyone knows that QB's typically come into the NFL fully developed. They reach their maximum potential within 6-8 weeks of their first start, and never develop beyond that point.

:rolleyes:

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Titanpride, you really are blinded by something. He will NEVER be accurate???!!! Are you crazy??? Did you bring your time machine home with you when you left work today? If so, can you tell me when I am going to get a raise? WHEN WILL HE IMPROVE? How about EVERY GAME, every DAY, THIS OFFSEASON, NEXT SEASON? Look into the future man. This is a stupid argument......your going to believe what you want to, and I am going to have faith.

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Man, what are we going to do? I mean we all know that Rookie qb's are not allowed to make bad throws. Especially when we have such great WR that get a lot of seperation. Maybe we can trade him for Carr cause he is such an accurate passer? Would that make you happy?

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

He missed the team flight to Philadelphia but finally got there on his own, and the Titans unexpectedly won. Coaches say Young managed the game well, but eight completions for 101 yds and one TD will not scare anybody. Right now, he's a bigger threat as a runner than as a passer.

Last I checked he was a rookie, and he ran in college, so, Im confused as to why they find it bad that hes running more than passing, not to mention hes 3-4 as a starter, while Lienart just got his first win. Also, they fail to mention that there are some very successful qbs that just get the job done (IE, Ben Roethlisberger), and dont exactly light up the stat column doing so

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar