Young dead last this week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

What ruse would that be?

VY isn't exactly lighting up opposing secondaries with his passing profficiency.

VY has made some nice runs and hands the ball off real well. Other than that he has done little special as a passer.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It would be more of a ruse if he was ranked ahead of someone. By the way the word ruse mean there is trickery or deception going on. Certainly the rankings are weighted heavily on a QB's ability to throw the ball (gosh, think of that) so as it should be VY is the worst passer in the NFL right now. Among the worst starting QBs based on passing rating are Frye, Vick, Gradkowski, Brad Johnson and Plummer. The worst of the worst have QB ratings 20 points higher than VY right now!

3. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

It's right, hell, I'd rate some backups a better QB than Vince is right now. Luckily he can run and keep drives alive. If he didn't have those abilities we'd be really hurting now.

Stats will not define Vince's ability to win in the NFL, at least, not yet. He still has all the tools, but I think he's hitting that rookie 12 game slump a bit early. I think he'll be fine, but we need to see some steady progress.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm not saying he's lighting it up, but the wr's suck, and Troupe can't catch. This is not all on Vince Young. And then you look at his record and it's not all that bad. We are what 3-4 with Vince. We are making major progress. And with a few more plays could easily be much better than that. He's getting the job done. We are competitive now. If he ever jumps into the top half of qb's, we are super bowl guarantees, cause he is making things happen on the field already. The legs count, like it or not.

6. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Shoulda drafted Cutler:))

7. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Jason Campbell held the clipboard for a year and a half - in his first regular season game he had a 92.3 rating and ranked 20.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/407793

Of course the Titans didn't have the luxury of sitting Young. Young's leadership and running skills will keep us in games, and I agree with Bobo his passing will get better.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

good god he is a rookie he isn't going to light it up.

get over it.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Young did run it in to beat USC in the Championship game....we should have known.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar