Young Day-to-Day with Quad Strain

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans QB Vince Young remains extremely sore with a strained right quadricep. “He couldn’t practice today if we had practice today. He is sore," Coach Jeff Fisher said. “But it is not as bad as we thought. He’ll be day to day and our treatment path will be to try and get him back on the practice field as fast as we can. There is no potential surgery required. … He has a quad strain and he is going to have to work through it. He has been a quick healer. We just hope he’ll be able to bounce back from it quickly." Fisher said there would be a chance Young could play Sunday even if he doesn't practice this week. WR Brandon Jones, meanwhile, will miss 2-3 weeks after undergoing arthroscopic surgery today. RB Chris Brown will be limited this week in practice with a sprained ankle.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

does this sound familiar :grrhee:

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought the same thing. I'm good with it if he responds like "Pops" did.

4. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Titans QB Young day to day after MRI on quad

Titans quarterback Vince Young had an MRI exam Monday to check out his strained right quadriceps muscle. ...more

[​IMG]

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

And just like McNair, he got injured without anyone touching him, just running out of bounds. It was weird.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Remember that time some a-hole slung MAC into an equipment locker in Dallas? (that's what went through my mind when Young went down)

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Yeah, Dallas, and no penalty.
    Vince almost ran into a big equipment thing on his own. Maybe if he did, it would have spared his quad?

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with Vince this year? I would almost hate to be a reciever of his, he just floats balls out there.

9. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

I think he was hurt before he went out.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

how disappointed can we be? disappointed because he exceeded all expectations last year? He had a great rookie year. He didn't bust my cherry or anything. :grrhee: seriously, we had to expect a let down... This is the year where it all sinks in. It's so obvious he's trying to modify his style. We don't see near as much of this free wheeling run for your life, walk on water and multiply loaves stuff.

hate to say this. i really think this is going to get alot worse before it gets better. now he's got the most serious injury of his professional career to contend with. We should focus on more important things like effective pass defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar