Young apologizes to Titans for breaking team rules

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You see thats just what the media and the rest of the world. To see Vy fall, and you guys keeping posting threads about VY this or Vy that. It was a mistake, just stop posting. Get over it. Get over it. Get over it. Last night I forget to buy milk for my mom, well does that make me a bad guy? No, it was a mistake. Take it as it is. He said sorry, what more do you guys want? Leave the guy alone

2. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

So you live at home with mami? Must be nice i remember those days :moon2: . GO TITANS..

3. Yea I live with my mom and I'm in the basement. :rolleyes:

Titan 4 good, leave Vy alone. Grow up get over it. Don't be a chomp.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm going to say this again...

This was a mistake and another bad move by Coach Fisher.

I wonder how Vince felt when Fisher walked up to him and said, "Hey Vince. Lots of players didn't sleep at the team hotel last night, as required. I've decided just to suspend you for the game to send a message to the whole team. Cool, see ya."

Once again, WHO CARES who KFC or Rattay develop chemistry with in a game. This team is too young not to have Vince playing to see who should be starting when Vince is in the game.

Terrible team rule, dumb punishment, bad move by Coach, and if I was Vince I wouldn't have even apologized for this.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I get what you are saying, I saw that too, but I reflected on it earlier, and my take is that he should have never used the word BUT. He's playing both sides. He does that throughout his entire apology. And that's something an immature apology offers. If he had simply said. "I made a bad decision." That is owning up. He hedged everything. And I get that. I do. I've done it. But it is a poor apology when you do that. It doesn't take ownership. It's typical of someone who doesn't feel they should be apologizing. And again, I see why he would feel that way. But it doesn't matter. The leader fixes the situation. That is what he has to do. a Leader takes ownership of the problem. And he can still do that, but the way he phrased it was all flip floppy.

6. Alex1939

:yes:

He shouldn't be apologizing.

You are right, it's flip floppy. Probably because Vince knows it was a stupid move by Fisher, but he has to apologize for it since he's the leader and he puts the team first.

I really can't blame him, at least he did apologize to put this in the past. Hopefully Fisher wises up and treats the best player with more respect, and starts doing whats best for the team, the way Vince is with this apology.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I agree too about the postive nature of this event. I think it was all positive. Everyone will respond to this the right way as we move forward.

8. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Let's don't hate my boy,I never said anything wrong about our "VY". I'll be a fool if i did now! Let's just work on getting you out of mama's basement, i know i couldn't wait to get out my self she was always finding my herb!:ha:

9. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Do you really believe this? People are saying that he wasnt the only one to go home. That may be true, but were the others players with more than 4 years in? If so, they had the right to go home. Just because you're the star of the team doesnt mean you can break the rules. Fisher is just trying to do the right thing by the team. It stings to be made an example of, but I respect Fish more for doing it than I would have if he would have let it slide.

10. Alex1939

Yes i do. Dumb team rule. Dumb enforcement and penalty given out by the coach.

I guess Fisher really showed Vince up, "you gotta sleep in that team hotel boy." And now the Titans are worse off, and less prepared for the season because of it.

But I mean, I guess these young 20 year olds have to be told where to sleep because that is crucial to the team's success. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar