You can only keep 3

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by WICK3DIST, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Offense
    Mariota
    Walker

Defense
    Casey
    Orakpo
    Morgan

I don't even have a 3rd one for offense, because I'd like to see the rest of them go.

And Orakpo and Morgan are thoroughly average.. but average is the best we have.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Mariota, DGB, Lewan

Case, Williamson, DaQuan Jones

3. nickmsmith

Not Walker? He's been on fire for the past 2 years at least. He is probably the only proven legitimate offensive player we have, IMO. It would be scary seeing him on the Patriots, Packers, etc.

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Only, and I mean only, due to his age. The guy is just a stud we all know that, but if you are only keeping 6 players and blowing up the rest, I'd think you'd have to retain the young guys.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. nickmsmith

Still would keep Walker over any other player, but I do see the point.

Not that this is the best example, but at the Colts game, they had to have known that the ball was going to Walker, and they still couldn't stop him. Amazing to see live.. especially because it looks like he's going twice as hard as any other receiver on the field.

6. WICK3DIST

WICK3DIST Starter

I feel that even though he's older, he's worth keeping for the leadership. Mariota will be a fine leader, but I think having a veteran presence like Walker would be worth it, its not like he's on his last leg in the NFL.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

No he isn't, he has peaked and will start to decline in a year or two

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That's debatable

Still better than the backstreet boy

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. nickmsmith

Other than going off of going off of averages, you have no idea if that is true or not. And at current rate, Even with a decline, he looks like he will be a better TE than Lewan will be a T, or any WR will be at their position

Its' hard to tell the trajectory of a career.. Walker could play at a high level for 5 more years, and Lewan could get hurt, or just continue to suck, and be out of the league in 1 year.

#39 nickmsmith, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar