Yi WILL NOT SIGN WITH BUCKS

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DCtitan49, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Yao might be the best center in the league, but there isnt that much competition.....

i can only think of 5 decent centers in this league......

Yao Ming
    Tyson Chandler
    Eddy Curry
    Ben Wallace
    Shaquille O'Neal

as far as big men go, i can think of 8 or nine PF that are better big men then yao

Tim Duncan
    Kevin Garnett
    Dirk Nowitzski
    Elton Brand
    Dwight Howard
    Chris Bosh
    Zach Randolph
    Amare Stoudamire

Yao might be the best CENTER in the League, but to say he is even in the top 10 in big men, is wrong.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lmmfaahkao!! Oh man, this entire post was freaking hilarious. Yao Ming is HORRIBLE. Most Rockets fans will even tell you that.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Yao is one of those guys that will look freaking unstoppable for a two to three week span. Then he'll be terrible for the next four or five.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's just too uncoordinated, and too soft. And far too inconsistent as you said. Most Rockets fans blame him for their playoff deaths.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

First, you gave no stats to back yourself up. Second, the rockets fan board loves Yao Ming. Go read it for proof. As far as evidence to back up the love, look at the all star voting if you don't want to read the fan board. He leads or is at the top every year. The rocket fans love yao ming. Give me some legit evidence to back up your lmmfaahkao, or whatever that means, otherwise, you got nothing.

The playoff failure was not blamed on Yao Ming. That went to Luther Head, who shot a miserable 20% from three in the playoff when all season he shot at the top the league in it. He was blamed for the loss. Not Yao. Not T-Mac. But Battier who did nothing, and Luther Head. Again, read the fan board. Not even the media blamed Yao or T-mac. They both got the benefit of the doubt this year from all sides because they put up the numbers.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

the only reason he is getting all these votes, is because he is the only decent chinese player in this league..so the hole american/chinese fanbase is on his side, as gloat said, he is to soft, his points come from outside the paint, and the only reason he gets so many points is because him and T-mac are the only two players good enough to know how to shoot the ball.

how can you expect LUTHER HEAD to take the blame for losing in the playoffs, when T-Mac already said it was on him (even tho it wasnt)
    luther head is a scrub, even if he can shoot 3's in the regular season, it means nothing in the postseason unless you actually do it, it is unfair to blame him for your collapse.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

I agree, but he is still the best Center. I don't think this makes him ovverated.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Utah was just better. They played above their heads. But there is always someone to blame. Luther was it.

As you said, it wasn't on T-Mac (everybody knows it), and it could not be on Yao who averaged more than the regular season. The major drop off was Luther Head. He had to hit those open threes. He's the one who choked. Battier also struggled, but he played his defense so it wasn't all bad. Alston is expected to suck. And Hayes is expected to do nothing. It was Luther who did not come to play. Fair or not, he was the one who choked. Everyone else brought their regular season game with them to the playoffs.

The fan vote was used to explain the love for Yao Ming. It's real. And the numbers are there to show it. It doesn't matter if the chinese vote or not, they still love him. They don't blame him.

Luther was interviewd last week, and all he could say was "I hope I'm still on the team." The guy is on the block.

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

its arguable that Yao is the best center in the league, but he definatly isnt among the top 10 big men in this league, to go back to the previous issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar