Yahoo News: Reggie Bush being investigated

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Will be an interesting few days/weeks.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Bush didn't clear anything up today, but it was decent spin job regardless. Now we wait for the details. But I think he cooled off the talk relatively quickly before the draft.

Heisman trophy appears to be on the line as well. Ought to get interesting. It appears that Bush has more to lose than the school now. Which ain't much. But if USC gets hit it will be ugly. Former USC players seem to think Bush would have had to go on his own to screw this up, as the school preached to them every week about possible violations.

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

No they wouldnt.

a) This took place during the 2005 season, so it only affects that season.

b) USC isnt likely to face any penalty in this situation, as long as they didnt know about it. It wasnt an institutional infraction, so they wouldnt be responsible for it. Again, this is all contigent on the investigation finding that they didnt know about it.

What very well might happen though is that if it is found that his family accepted improper benefits, he will be stripped of any school records he set. And that little trophy he picked up in December.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

USC will come out clean, but come on. How do you not know that your Heisman canidate, top player in the country, #1 draft player on your team is living in a $750,000 home?

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Because he never lived there. His parents did.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Exactly, he lived in the 5,000,000 million dollar house that nobody has seen, lol.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Sorry, but Reggie and his folks aren't stupid. Suddenly you live in a 750,000 dollar house that you are "leasing"? Please. I can understand that he wouldn't come out and say he knew or anything, but he knew.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

If you watch Blue Chips (shaq), I think the idea is that the coach doesn't want to know what is happening. It just happens. That way he can protect the school. So it wouldn't surprise me if the school really didn't know anything. Maybe one person does and it's the head coach. And he wouldn't know much, he would just know that he said something that started a chain reaction of events.

One interesting fallout could be Pete Carrol. His legacy could be completely obliterated. His pro coaching career yielded notta, so he goes to college, buys players, and then goes on to glory. It is a fascinating story in itself. But you gotta believe if it went down, he's the only person at USC who could make it happen, and probably the only one who would know about it. I'm not saying he executed the order though. It is entirely possible Bush did thins on his own, I'm just saying, if USC is involved, it will be up to Pete to confess, otherwise nothing will come to light. They've got cheating down to a science.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

man I loved Blue Chips.

and if it is on Pete Carrol, there will be a movie about it in about 5 - 7 years time.

10. With Matt Leinart playing himself, no doubt...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar