XFL Teams

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Cajun_Titan_33, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So you think he will succeed with NFL PS players?

He was on an NFL SB caliber team and lost

His football career is over

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think he’s probably still fast enough and has a strong enough arm to use some PS guys to beat PS guys, yes.

3. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Problem is XFL should try to pay around the same as PS players if they want to get young talent.

a PS player can make up to 132k for the season if they stay there all season

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

Agree I just think they need a little luck to increase revenue before they can actually afford it.
    It would help if “known names” accepted the current rate to bring in fans.
    That’s a difficult sell from the XFL standpoint if they’re even trying to.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

6. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

from what i've seen mcmahon stands to lose some $350million in the first 3 years of the XFL on the current salaries so yeah... I don't expect the salaries to rise until some investors start buying teams. McMahon can't pay that kind of money on his own.

7. HurrayTitans!

I read that too. That’s a pretty steep number.
    It’s kind of a catch 22. Can’t afford to pay players without investors, won’t get investors without a bigger fan following.

I expect to see more PS guys for a couple years at least.

IF McMahon starts going the route of poaching college guys before NFL eligibility, he could make some noise that way. Not sure how much though because we’re still really talking about HS standouts.

8. VondyP

The NCAA starting to allow players to get paid for their likeness is really gonna cut into that, but yeah, thats really what they need to do. I'm not sure they'll convince any of the high profile guys that are going to premier schools though, they'll probably have more $$ lined up in advertising deals than mcmahon would pay.

9. HurrayTitans!

I’d have to dig into more but most guys, even high profile don’t start until at least sophomore if not juniors so I’m not sure how much endorsements they’ll get until they really show something or at least are expected starters.

10. VondyP

Depends how they do it. I feel like big schools are gonna recruit guys by saying "Hey, we have this (insert business) company that will give you an ad deal as soon as you report to camp worth $xx,xxx/yr."

At least, that's how I would do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar