Xbox One

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by xpmar9x, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Your tiny mind is so comical. Yeah nobody cares about the actual specs, DRM, or anything else, it's just popular to hate on Xbox lmao.

Why aren't you at bonnaroo? I thought the forum might be enjoyable for a few days.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Come on man.

- No used games (in the traditional sense)
    - No lending/borrowing games
    - Camera in your living room with an "always on" system

These are hardly "the silliest things" to me and most other gamers. This stuff is huge. For as long as games have been around you've been able to lend/borrow/trade with friends. For as long as games have been around there's been a self-contained used market. For as long as games have been around they have not required a camera pointing directly at you and an internet connection.

This is a very big deal. Now, you can certainly argue that this is the way it's all heading and the other systems will eventually follow suit. But it's crazy (or naive) to act like people don't have good reason to be pissed. Xbox is attempting to turn the industry on its head here. This marks the biggest (attempted) change to the way we consume console video games, maybe ever.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

DW's rebuttal: you people are being petty. Y'all are just following suit with the MS hate. You'll still be able to do everything you ever imagined with it like the other previous systems.

Y'all people are the ones that keep apple alive by being obvious fanboys, it obvious. None of these things even matter. You're on the Internet right now right? You'll totally be able to take your DRM controlled games to your friends house and let them borrow it. Plus MS will never shut the system architecture down. It'll be forever so you're cloud based online gaming system games won't just become extinct when MS sends the asteroid to kill the dinosaurs. (Right?)

How do you people just decide without ever playing a system? You're not even sure the PS4 is the more powerful unit. Fanboys. Trending hate. Might as well add hashtags to your trendy hate mongering thread. Don't pigeon hole me, bro.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You know what this thread needs? Puck and Gunny arguing about which system is better.

Ahhhh, the good old days.

5. sikwiddit

sikwiddit Starter

[​IMG]

6. Clark

For those interested, the "family plan" thing might be a decent way to get around borrowed games in the future. Allows 10 "family" members to use your copy of a game via the cloud... How this is controlled (and I'm sure there has to be some sort of control) is yet to be seen. Might be able to only add users and never replace them in the ten, without some sort of extra MS help. 10 friends would work of course, but you better make sure those that you add are long time friends before you start letting them use your licensing. Especially if you can't remove in the future. Supposedly two of your "family" members can use the game at the same time, single player.

I just think if they don't confine this feature somehow, it would actually lose the publishers MORE money... I mean when i borrow a game, my friends eventually want that ish back... Play it a bit, check it out, maybe purchase my own lol... if i was on a family plan with those said people, our entire library would be open to each other at all times. Therefore Id most likely never buy the games they already own. Unless it had some sort of multiplayer we played together online. And vice versa to them as well... So it'll be interesting

Regardless, that feature does have its pluses. We'll see how it's implemented first to claim its perfect.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

- There will still be used games. (again. Petty/pointless)
    - You'll be able to lend/borrow games. (again. Petty/pointless)
    - There's already a camera on a device "always on" in your pocket. It's called your smart phone. (so again. Petty/pointless)

Yep. Silly things. Nope. Not a "big deal".

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Due to new job, I was only going to be able to go on Saturday and Sunday.

And the bands those days/nights sucked.

So I didn't want to go hang out with drugged up fuming unshowered people in 90 degree heat just to see one band play that I can catch later on in the year.

9. Clark

Dude likes his pp.

Anywayyyysways you won't necessarily be able to lend borrow in the same aspect as now... Though they might have a way in the family plan. Selling used games will be extremely limited. Not near as easy to control without shutting down. The idea will be older games would have great discounts like steam because of the less resold games on general, allowing the publisher more money at a lesser cost.

However this does NOT fix ms PR problem in the past these things need to be front and foremost in interviews, not afterthoughts. So to me it is still evident they planned on a different strategy going in, otherwise these "features" would have been very well articulated to the public.

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

lol seriously your comparing a camera phone to a Kinect system with a eye on you the whole time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar