Xbox One

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by xpmar9x, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No. You can't.

Read up before you comment on this.

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2013/06/...-always-on-used-games-will-work-with-xbox-one

One game for one friend.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

If you're refering to the NBA 2k series, it's not about trying to be "cool" it's simply because Madden has sucked for the last 4-5 games while NBA 2k has been killing it. Any diehard Madden fan will tell you that.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah, you need to research this a whole lot more.

Microsoft are getting slammed by the media, and by gamers everywhere.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Then I guess those 61% can buy a 360. Derp.

The majority of people buying $500+ game consoles have access the internet. I doubt Microsoft's market base is in Libya.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

My argument, BTW, is that all this supposed outrage isn't going to effect Microsoft's sales like everyone is screaming it is. Teenaged kids are still going to want this system more than a PS4, and their parents will buy it for them.

Sony made a better system, both from an internal standpoint and in it's philosophy of use. But the sad truth is that doesn't always matter.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Why will these teens still want an xb1 over a ps4? Why? Halo?

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Rubbish

I'll give you a lot of them are 3rd world, prefer food kinda people, but I went up the bush on the weekend (girlfriends parents live there) and those people are still on dial-up if they have the internet at all.

That doesn;t take into the point that 90%+ of this country don't have the quotas or the speed for any decent DD gaming.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Whose saying it will? They'll probably lose a few thousand/million sales (in context of the millions they'll sell). But the negative press and the arrogance they've shown isn't helping those who focus on these things.

Teens will get whatever their friends get.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

The same reasons they buy terrible Dr. Dre headphones and rehashed, stale Apple products every year -brand recognition and familiarity. Microsoft is going to work the hell out of their bread-and-butter franchises like Halo, and push exclusively-timed DLC BS that they have for games like COD:Ghost and others. Believe it or not, it's simple stuff like that that excites certain buyers.

As solid as a machine Sony has on their hands, their launch exclusives have no juice. Casual buyers don't give a sh*t about Killzone and Infamous. Sony will be competitive because of a very fair launch price and because a lot of hardcore gamers are really galvanized right now. If Sony doesn't screw up like they always do, their launch will be spectacular compared to PS3's.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

To be honest, Sony made a console that should 100% appeal to gamers outside of the U.S.. My argument is mostly about US sales, not international (which Microsoft doesn't seem to care about to be honest). It's region locked, which isn't exactly welcoming to people outside US and Europe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar