Xbox One

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by xpmar9x, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I can't begin to explain how ridiculous that is. I have nothing against Microsoft and before the details were coming out I was planning to buy both systems.

There are zero games I am aware of that you cannot play for PS3 without buying a code.

Now there are some that you have to buy a code to play online multiplayer, but not the base game.

Please inform me which games these are. And if they do exist and they are EA games, well why would I blame something on sony or microsoft that EA is forcing?

So then you were pretty much just full of **** talking about re-selling games to your friends. Well that pretty explains it then.

I like used games. I like Gamefly. You said you commonly sold used games to friends but apparently you were just lying.

I guess that is the deal. Dude.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Uh no. Sorry that you don't understand hardware though.

What part of "I hope they are both very successful because competition in the gaming industry" or "I planned to purchase both consoles originally" was so difficult for you to comprehend?

Now I'll tell you who the real fanboys are... you, DW, RSB for getting butthurt because people are stating their opinions about things they don't like regarding the new XBox console.

Don't take it so personally guys, we are just talking about video game consoles here.

And yeah, if PS4 has similar features, I probably won't be buying one of those for a long time. If PS4 and XBoxOne have the same used game issues and PS4 has something similar to Kinect that will constantly be on and recording my living room and my voice then I won't be happy because console gaming will be dead to me.

3. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Just get a Wii U. Right now they're running killer deals on the VC games (I bought Super Metroid for 30 cents, same for Punch-Out, F-Zero, and Kirby's Adventure) and being able to play the games on the Wii U gamepad is actually incredibly nice.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Here you go again. Can you find where I said I "commonly" sell used games to friends? lol nice try though. Phenomenal effort.

Dude, you even quoted me when I referred to selling used games to friends...

This was the exact quote you just responded to. Where did I say I commonly sell games to friends? Was I lying? No... you're just reaching. I am trying to think of the last time I did sell a game at all... Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, and Max Payne 3 are literally the only games I've ever bought used. As for the ones I've sold, I literally can't remember. If somehow I'm mistaken and didn't sell a game to a friend, is it a big dea? My post was simply saying what I would do IF I didn't want to keep the game. What are you missing?

Yes, that's what I was talking about... the code for online play. I was simply making a comparison. It's a similar restriction that gamers are already facing before the Xbox One is out. I think the fee is $10 to buy that code to play online. Again notice how I said:
    I'm only quoting myself because you continue to take what I say out of context, and I know you would've come back and said something along the lines of "You said there are already games that require a code to play the base game!" Nope... didn't say that. It was a simple comparison to show that there are currently codes that limit gameplay. So, in that sense, it isn't new. I'm sure there will be a similar code for the Xbox One games. Am I saying that this is a good idea? NO! I am saying it doesn't affect me!

Anything else?

5. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree with you that when comparing heads up GDDR5 is going to be better than DDR3 in most cases but it also matters how the rest of the system is set up to utilize that memory. In this case the two systems are using an entirely different memory interface utilizing the processing power in two completely different ways. Its not as easy as saying well this RAM is better so this systems capability is automatically better when the two systems aren't using the memory in anywhere near the same way.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6972/xbox-one-hardware-compared-to-playstation-4/3

6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/27/xbox-one-leaker-will-release-information-if-arrested/

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Wrong. I sold him Skyrim at 100 oaks mall ;P

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

If there is even a small fee for a used game that instantly forces you to have online access... That'll be a problem for people right there. I just can't see how they can say used games will be alive yet no one can find an alternate than being connected to the Internet. Sony has stated they aren't forcing the Internet issue... That small detail is huge for some places and people. Unless maybe each game comes with multiple codes in the box and then you can sell it and use a code included (that somehow doesn't need Internet to work) and then when the three or four codes included have been used ... You are forced to purchase another. Something like that would shorten how many times a game can be cycled. It would give the publishers more power than they have now.

For game fly... They might be able to work out a deal with publishers for "unlocked" games that work regardless. Probably upping the price of a subscription but keeps the flow of the general idea still alive. I don't mind them having extra charges for Internet access on games like madden for used games... I think that gives publishers something they deserve... No problem, no issue. I'm all for keeping it fair but I don't want to see it completely lopsided and annoying

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well, that was me buying a used game, not selling it... but yea, no biggie either way. And like I said, that was one of only three used games I've ever purchased.

10. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Publishers are making their money regardless. If this happens my system will be modded and I will never pay for another game again. I feel this is what everyone should do. The consumer needs to stop laying down for the greedy corporations and just giving them everything they want. There is cost into developing games but not so much in manufacturing. Consumers need to hold their own and not willingly suck from the feed tube. Has to be something in the water to make the masses so passive these days.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar