Xbox One

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by xpmar9x, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

But you really can't "adjust" to the fact that you have to purchase to play a used game or game through gamefly. Assuming that is how it is going to work. So it is killing off other businesses and people's interest.

I had Gamefly for like 1.5 years and I loved it. Got to play a ton of games even if just briefly and it was fun always having something new to play. And it was great for games like Heavy Rain, LA Noire, Dead Space 2 where I just played the crap out of a game for a month or two then just sent it back.

So I'm sure it is actually a big deal for some people and there really isn't any adjustment to be made if you can't buy used games. That will factor into parents decisions in buying consoles for their kids as well.

But hey, I get that it doesn't matter to you and that's fine, but don't write it off as if it doesn't matter to XBoxOne as a product and to a large portion of their customer base. And like I've already said, I want XBoxOne and PS4 to both do well because competition is good for the gaming industry.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol you can adjust to it he says... No big deal he says... Just buy it again he says... That's kinda stupid I say.

Not only is it a bad tactic for MS, it has pissed off a lot of fans. Maybe not you, sure it doesn't affect you... But there are many that it will. You think people will bother with xb1 if ps4 doesn't do it? If I was Sony, just Cuz MS will do it, I wouldn't. Also the always on Internet, check in crap... Dude there are many places without widespread Internet ... That basically makes the console useless in those areas. Talk about breaking your own back for a silly money grubbing tactic.

Just cuz you don't use the service doesn't mean you can't see how it will effect others and other businesses. Just because you say it's not a big deal to YOU doesn't mean it's not a big deal in the broader spectrum of people. Don't be so myopic. It's dumb. It's inherently going to fail if Sony doesn't back the idea as well...hell if Sony doesn't do it (and they've said they aren't stressing the Internet crap because most places don't have the great Internet, and that basically closes out any check in, one time cd, one time use code crap) MS better back off the idea. It will KILL the Xbox.

No one in their right mind is going to be buying a GAMING CONSOLE that has ridiculous limitations compared to the competition. End of story.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Eh, pending on what MS announces as exclusives, I may or may not buy an Xbox One.

I got the Xbox the Christmas it launched and the 360 at launch. Both times I loved the systems for the first two years, and then Microsoft just gets boring with things after that. It's like, if a game doesn't sell 5 million+, Microsoft kills the IP and disowns the studio, which is f'ing stupid. I'm still dumbfounded that Lost Odyssey never got a sequel, and that Microsoft let Mistwalker and Bio Ware slip away so easily.

But... if say, Killer Instinct 3 is announced for the Xbox One, I may snag it. If the system is another FPS/cover-based shooter fest, I may skip it.

But for now, I'm perfectly happy with the Wii U and my 3DS. Graphics don't mean **** to me; hell, I don't necessarily feel I need anything over what Gears of War provides anyways. The leap in graphical quality just keeps getting smaller and smaller from generation to generation.

4. Toly

Toly Free your mind

They are catering to the TV crowd. It seems pretty clear that they want this to be the next Apple TV or something like that. The casuals who bought the Wii and Kinect aren't going to buy the same thing again, unless there is a considerable upgrade which is what the Xbox One seems to offer.

MS was smart to get the whole TV thing out of the way now so that they can (hopefully) focus on just showing games at E3.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Again, you are acting as if I said it's a great idea for MS to do this. I never said that. I said its not a big deal - TO ME. What's the problem here? And what are you talking about "just buy it again?" Why would you need to buy a game again once you own it? I'm not sure I understand what you meant. Like I said, I don't know why waiting a couple months and paying half price on a new game is a problem. So you don't want to own the game? That's fine... I wait a couple months, buy the game for half price, then if I don't want to own it, I'll sell it to a friend for almost the same sales price I paid for it. No money lost. It was basically a rental all along.

I haven't even said that I'm going to get an Xbox One yet. I haven't made up my mind. More than likely, I won't be getting a next gen console for at least two years from now. I'll wait until all the details are out there and I hear from others what they think about the two systems.

I don't like the fact that you PS guys bash the people who are merely defending the Xbox. We aren't even saying that the PS4 sucks or anything like that... Just saying that (to us) these things aren't a big deal. I never claimed that they wouldn't be a big deal to others. Why would I care about what other people think about it? Again, I'm not that big of a gamer anymore. I tend to play mostly single player campaigns and watch Netflix on my 360 right now, so don't tell me I should care about others because it will impact the number of players online. I don't care.

I don't care how it affects others. When I make a purchase, it's for me... not everyone else.

6. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

8. Clark

You won't be able to resale those games for that price is there's a used fee that gets attached to it.

I'm not bashing you. I just think its silly that you refuse to see that it's a bad tactic. If you accept that it's a bad tactic and will effect the console as a whole and the company then we have zero problems. I'm not saying its a bad console or bashing the build or tech... Just the company's outlook into the future. It's hardly a consumer based idea... And I'm not a "ps" guy... I currently own both... However if the next gen has a difference of resale/used games on the ps4 and none on the One... Well imma be a ps guy.

I actually am intrigued by the possibilities of the xb1 based on how it will be a very user friendly interface with crazy multitask functions... My right brain self looooooves multitask lol.

However me and my friends swap games pretty often. Barrow and play thru and its awesome. Saves us all money... Now that looks like its going to be a bleak option. That's ghetto. All day. Every day. However you cut it. You can't buff that out. That's MY problem with it.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I already said it wasn't a good idea!!! It just doesn't bother me!!!

Lol idk what else you guys want me to say.

10. Clark

I'm not tryna argue. I went back thinking I might have missed where you said the closed used games was a bad idea... I didn't find it.

This is what I found.... If I missed something enlighten me.

You said the always online was a bad idea... Or that you didn't agree with it... But that doesn't contrast to used games and how that really effects the systems outlook. If you meant it like that, then okay, my bad. But it's vague... Almost like you're an Xbox employee being asked questions about it... Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar