Xbox 360?!!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TitansCountry25, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

How can you tell when you purchase a xbox 360 if it has the 65nm chip?

My current Xbox 360 fairly regualr will during the middle of gameplay stop working and an error messege says disc has become corrupt wipe with soft cloth. I have played every game I have and it does this and there is nothing wrong the cd disk. I am thinking about getting another xbox 360 so if anyone has hints on where to buy and what to buy for my next xbox that would be great.

Also if anyone has any hints that can cause this to stop would be even better. I have my xbox on the lowest shelf of my entertainment center has pleanty of air flow and really does not get to hot. If there is a way to make it stop having that error messege or what too look for when purchasing another one that would be a big help thanks.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

go look at Bobo's "been fixed" thread
    I've posted alot of info on this subject there
    no need to re-post the same info here

simply, it looks like the new 65nm "Falcon" chips are NOT currently in retail SKU's, but that they are coming this fall at some point

my suggestion for overheat
    get one of these cheap :Intercooler: devices, or you could devise one yourself from a computer fan - just make sure your airflow is AWAY from the console

the "Dirty Disc" message is an overheat issue and not a laser issue
    the biggest issue with the 360 is the placement of the HDD, which completely covers one of the intake exhausts - standing it vertically covers the other

I've seen people actually place turbo fans in front of their units to keep them cool - lots of people are doing lots of different things

me ? I'm not trying to prevent an overheat ... I'm letting it do it's thing
    if it fails - so be it - i'll just have to wait for that brown box to get here from Redmond

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

good lord. i have never heard of a system having THIS MANY PROBLEMS.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

BigT, it's not THIS MANY PROBLEMS
    he's only got the one
    and it just so happens to be the prelude to the eventual RROD
    and it's also pretty common
    this is "DIRTY DISC" error is not a laser issue, it's an overheat

you can pretty much take for granted that the majority of pre-July 2007 360's (at which point the secondary heat sink was installed) have a higher risk of failing

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i know, but you would think the people who designed the thing would have realized that covering up one of the vents with HDD would be a bad idea, then, on top of that, if you stand it vertically you cover up the other.

i remember the launch ps2s having SOME problems, but nothing this widespread and common. i mean, it seems like almost everyone who has bought a 360 on this board has either had it replaced or is thinking of getting it replaced.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

absolutley
    it wasn't a very good design

the Ps3 - with it's onboard power supply and HDD sans overheat, looks like a much better design

such is the case when you have a software company whos only been in the hardware business a few years vs. a hardware company thats ben in business decades

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar