Wycheck thinks Titans should go RB with #24

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Or Dantrell Savage in the 6th-7th round would be nice.

2. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Keep in mind that a change of pace guy needs to be able to do lots of things like Johnson or Charles. Both these two can play both running back and receiver, Johnson adds a third dimension of being able to also return kicks. That is the type of change of pace guy I like. For an OC these guys would be gold because there are so many ways you can utilize them.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

except the never work.

4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Sure it does, they don't put up huge numbers but they open things up for other players. Best example is Reggie Bush who didn't put up huge numbers but he still had to be accounted for every time he was on the field and that helped to open things up for their receivers.

As a runningback he was limited in his effectiveness but that didn't really hurt the Saints since they still had duce; and it is something I wouldn't worry about with our offense since we still have two other backs to carry the majority of the load. The whole point of a change of pace is to do just that give the defense a different look than they have been seeing throughout the game. If you want an every down back then there are 4 other runningbacks I would take before Johnson or Charles.

5. CRAZYAZFAN

CRAZYAZFAN BAD RAMMA JAMMA

LW can hold his own but i will agree we do need some one who can hit holes and pick up a few extra yards or some one we can dump a screen off on and hit the sticks for few yards after hit. LW will never be skiny thats just the way he is and he is a brusier thats how he wears teams down but if we only hade some ne fast and strong where after they were down we can kill. but then you can bring up the fact that we need a every down back not like last year we need one back who can do it all and then sub out for a break.

6. Fry

reggie bush was effective until teams realized he was no threat to run the ball inside, which is the exact problem johnson has.

7. CRAZYAZFAN

CRAZYAZFAN BAD RAMMA JAMMA

i can not agree more i just think we need some one who can run every down as a runner but also get some one who can catch in the flat if we need. i would have been happy with jones but you know how that went

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Which is why I keep pumping Charles but everyone seems to think I'm just a Texas homer. Charles brings everything to the table that Johnson does except for being a return man. But he also brings an ability to run between tackles keep in mind he is better at it than Selvin Young who started for Denver.

9. Fry

you don't really help your case with posts like this:

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Charles is a very good back and I wonder how he'd do at returning kicks. He looks like he has good open field vision. Chris Henry may have 30 lbs on him, but he doesn't have the cuts, vision, or possibly even top end speed that Charles has.

But I can't make a big distinction between him, Felix Jones, or Chris Johnson. Stewart if he's there is the more complete guy and my choice if we're taking a RB in 1. Tough to make a RB call for this team, but BPA in the first few rounds may be RB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar