Wycheck Blasts Pacman on Radio

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: On Tuesday, former TE Frank Wycheck lashed out at Pacman Jones on his morning radio show saying the Titans would "never win as along as Pacman Jones is on the roster." His comments emphasized that character is an important trait inside the locker room, and that the team would benefit in the long run if it could “weed out” players like Jones and defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth. Wycheck said he did not believe that his comments would carry more weight than other media members, simply because of his ex-player status or his role on the Titans broadcast team as color commentator. "There are a lot of good people there in that organization and I’m tired of seeing a few people continuing to take an ax to that," said Wycheck.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Funny, he didn't say to get rid of McNair for the DUI or BHop for the wifebeating....

3. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I really like Frank, but you just made a great point!

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Shut up Frank. I still like you, don't ruin it.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I am glad someone else heard this. Normally Frank is such a homer about the Titans. It really surprised me to hear him lash out at the Titans for keeping Jones and Haynesworth. Frank admitted he hasn't talked to Jones about things but did say other players have including McNair. Jones hasn't listened to any of them. Do the other players feel the same way? After the way Fisher babied Jones last yr I feel a few players may think the same way as Frank.

BTW this is all started yesterday.

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Reminds me of "Steamin' Willie Beaman" from the movie Any Given Sunday... but worse.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

what is sad is that they are both 1st round picks and both the best at their respective positions, at least from a physical ability standpoint.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

IF the character issue is the problem, then it's mostly on Floyd. Personally, I see it as an extension of lack of accountability that is pervasive throughout the organization.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Frank didn't deny that. It was the other stuff that made him say what he said

10. well, we brought in vince, and he by no means has any character issues, so hopefully he can give pacman some insight, cause they are the same age i think, pacman came out as a jr, and i think vince was redshirted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar