WTF is wrong with Hollywood?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by avvie, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't think Hollywood studios consider what they make as "art", just crap that people will buy...

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly. There are movies that are meant to be art. And then there are movies that are all about the almighty dollar, and nothing more. Not surprising which ones get more attention in Hollywood.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

They seem to be focusing on anything for the HD, theatre sound, 3D, graphics/special FX stuff.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Add The Fountain to that list, probably his best role.

And yeah, no more Wolverine movies, the next X-Men movie should pick up from where First Class left off, McAvoy and Fassbender were both great as a young Professor X and Magneto, their on screen chemistry was better than any portrayal in the previous X-Men movies.

5. GeronimoJackson

It's the same with most popular music today, with all the technology we have, people don't need to rely on innovation anymore, just production value for the easy way/quick pay day.

And this is not coming from a person who "hates everything that's popular", I actually like some of Michael Bay's movies, like the Bad Boys movies and the first Transformer, yeah, a lot of his stuff sucks but at the same, he's very passionate about his work and believes in it, so I can at least respect that.

6. GeronimoJackson

Lol I don't think Real Steel is the best example as it looks like a family movie.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's terrible. Most of my favourite shows at the moment are on HBO,AMC & FX.

I like Vampire characters but since the epically gay Twilight series,Hollywood has blitzed us with crap. The Vampire Diaries is shameful.

I like True Blood but it galls that not too long ago Whedon's excellent Angel got canned because it didn't get hig enough ratings.

Now studios don't care about ratings as long as they each have some form of vampire show. Nuts.

Hollywoods Dan Brown movies were embarrassing turds. Yet they were box office hits because the books had such a massive audience. The last two Pirates movies were awful but there'll be another because they made big profit.

Most of the superheroe films suck because the audience is assumed to be dumb and need a boring back story each time before a decent plot can be explored.

I loved Horrible Bosses, Friends with Benefits,X Men First Class,Fast Five,The Adjustment Bureau,Source Code and I'm looking forward to Drive. Other than that this summer has been terrible for movies IMO.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The thing they haven't figured out is that people will buy ANYTHING.
    Good movies with well written stories, great acting etc. can and will bring in the dollars too. The reason they don't do this? Because the money men in Hollywood no longer want directors and etc. to have the power. Guys like Guillermo Del Toro and Peter Jackson are a dying breed. Hollywood will plug in any ol' music video director, and replace them the second they get some power. When was the last time you heard of Francis Ford Coppola or the like making a big budget Hollywood film?

And it's the same with music. The industry could put a song with a guy farting into a mic and beating a trashcan with a stick. If they put it out on video and play it enough it will be a smash hit. Slaves to the consumer culture like what they are told to like..
    I feel sorry for the kids today. They have no idea.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

The first thing that I thought of when I saw the preview was the old Twilight Zone episode with Lee Marvin where he took the place of his aged, worn out fighting robot in a bout.

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

FX= Sons of Anarchy!:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar