WR's dropping like flies.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Aug 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Only positive thing that has come out last week or two.... is that Rishard Matthews is no longer on PUP - still doesn't mean he's ready.

Michael Camp. according to Wyatt was put on IR.
    Nick Williams is banged up.
    Corey Davis, don't wanna say brittle, but.............. well brittle...

We have to bring in somebody, Taywan, Jennings, and Davis, and Sharpe can't be who we rock with Week 1 (if Rishard still is shut down)

Sidenote: Dez Bryant definitely saw these kinda situations coming, and that's why he hasn't signed yet. He's been waiting on an interested team's receiving corp to start diminishing, and take advantage...

No way was he gonna get his asking price from right out the gate, but if he'd wait and wait, and teams get desperate.... he could literally hold them hostage to pay his asking price..

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

No.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  3. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

as far as im concerned the reason we drafted jonnu smith and signed dion lewis were too be able to play roles of receiving options as well. alot of people that are reported injured are just being held out and will be back week 1.

but no dez, he's the complete opposite of what mariota needs right now.

4. Jevoncurse

Jevoncurse Starter

I live 20 minutes from jerry world they had a parade day dez got cut

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

yep

6. Fry

What exactly were you guys expecting from Campanaro and Nick Williams? Campanaro was brought here to fill Eric Weems' spot as a special teams ace. Nick Williams has been in the league since 2013 and has caught 28 balls. He was camp legs who was brought in because his career intersected with LaFleur's in Atlanta. Campanaro going to IR might help his case to make the roster, but he won't be getting a lot of snaps at WR.

Does that at all sound like Dez Bryant's role? All signing Dez does is take game reps away from young receivers we need to quantify.

Davis, Sharpe, Taylor, and Matthews make a fine foursome. Walker gets split out as well. The back end of the WR depth chart needs to play the coverage teams. Dez does not do that. Neither do Davis, Taylor, or Matthews.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Dez slow as balls too. He isn’t going to be a Titan. Thankfully.

8. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I just included that sidenote for the most high profile Free Agent still on the market....

I seemed to have missed where I said up there..... SIGN DEZ BRYANT

I'm saying we definitely need a 6th. Legitimately.

You can get away with having only 5, if you WR core holds up with even just a thumbtack....... When you have an injury bug working around, you need to OVERSTAFF until further notice.... Basic Manufacturing 101....

We need 6 because I don't want one, or god forbid, two WR's going down, and all we have to look at is our Practice Squad....

Players are going to be coming off of cuts, so we need to at least consider it....

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Subtract the 6 targets between Douglas, Weems and AJ 25 and the Titans only used 4 WR all last year.
    Why do we need 6 “legitimate” WR?

10. Fry

It was half of the OP. Sorry you emphasized Dez Bryant over....every other WR available.

And I still don't see where he fits, so mentioning him was dumb. We don't need a logjam of unknowns. We have enough of that. We need to fill the backend of the depth chart.

Everyone knows Dez is available. No need to remind us.

#10 Fry, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar