Wright season among franchise’s best

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

When he topped the 1,000-yard receiving yardage mark for the season last week, Kendall Wright became the second-youngest player to do so in Oilers/Titans history.

The only player who broke 1,000 at a younger age than the 24-year-old Wright was Ernest Givins, who was 22 when he did it in 1986.

“I think he’s as good a player as I’ve ever been around,” said Titans offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains, a former scouting assistant for the Cowboys. “Those guys in Dallas in my first year in the NFL – Keyshawn (Johnson) and Terry Glenn — I think Kendall can be in that group of special elite players.

“He’s an extreme competitor. When we’re out here at practice, he’s the hardest-working guy on the field. He finishes every catch. He’s a smart kid. He’s tough. He takes hits. He’s a football player.”

With two games left in the season, Wright’s 85 receptions rank seventh in franchise history. At his current pace, Wright would total 97, which would leave him third on the single-season list behind Charlie Hennigan (101) and Haywood Jeffires (100).

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Just a possession guy. Doesn't count.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Can never be a true number one, despite being the number one.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Will still cannot be a number 1 like Kenny Britt

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

It cracks me up how everybody hates on Wright and calls him a bust. He has respectable numbers this year, and stick him on a team with a consistent QB, and I guarantee you he explodes. I personally don't care if he is EVER a number 1. There are plenty of REALLY good #2 WR's, that put up great numbers and contributions. If Hunter can get better, they could be a wicked combination. Especially with a new QB that is more accurate, etc.

6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Hopefully he has another big week. I'm starting him in both of my FF championship games.

7. The Hammer

What are you talking about? W#e are not calling him a bust. Just sayin he will never be a number 1. No matter how well he does. Just ask TWW2. He will never be better than average.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I know in this thread that nobody is calling him a bust, rather saying he is average; however, I have seen many times people referring to him as a bad #1 pick and not that good etc...Chance is also the latest. Until this team can start to run properly, and has a consistent QB, I won't say that he can't be a great WR. I agree that he doesn't really have the size of most #1 wideouts, but he has proven to have good enough hands and quick/fast. His route running is getting better as well.

9. The Hammer

We are actually just making fun of those people :p and do not think that way ;)

BTW, you will want to upload an avatar for yourself

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Thanks Hammer, I have been on here a while, but I always forget to add one..lol. I will make sure to add one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar