Wright is Slow!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Say what you want, but his 40 time doesnt lie. He is not even the 3rd fastest WR on the team. I put him behind Washington, Britt (when healthy), williams, and maybe even Cook. Now that being said, he does have a quick first step and I think he will be a solid WR. Never a star though....

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

And I say all this based on the fact that he couldnt break that one catch away for a TD like most wr's who are known for their speed!

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I don't care if he runs a 4.9 as long as he is making plays and being productive. You don't have to be a very fast WR to be a good player.

4. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

So a WR has to break one for a TD every time? I think he will be a star regardless. Much like Steve Smith in Carolina.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

He's not the fastest guy ever, but I think he was too worried about putting a move on that guy in front of him that he didn't realize the others were gaining on him until they were right there. Then like a rookie he freaked and dropped to the ground. All in all I thought he played very good and it seems like locker likes to target him.

6. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

That would have been tough to do on that play. He had to come back and jump up for the ball then turn around and try and run away from 3 defenders.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The guy had an angle. Only CJ probable would've taken that one to the house.

If that 3rd guy hadn't of been there though he might've sidestepped both those guys and taken it to the house.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Meh. I honestly don't care if he ever becomes a superstar. I mean, sure it would be nice. But after the mess we've had at WR since... well, ever, I'll be happy as long as he's solid and consistent for years to come. As long as he turns out to be a reliable starter then he was worth the pick IMO.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Maybe this will convince you that 40 times mean jack sh*t.

Chris Henry
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 10
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Break away speed is nice, but being able to create separation and being consistent is more important. Football player>athlete every time.

• High Five High Five x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar