wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by 520, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kstone

kstone Starter

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Hype Bros won the tag team #1 contenders battle royal, but got a knee injury in the process and will be out awhile. So, guess we will get to see another pivot to a new direction Tuesday. Lol

3. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

@Deuce Wayne watches wrestling for the outfits.

4. RealestWhiteBoy

Some good news from the world of pro wrestling:
    Bret 'Hitman' Hart announces that, although he lost control of his thumb and 1 finger on his right hand, he has been pronounced cancer-free.

5. RealestWhiteBoy

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. kstone

kstone Starter

7. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I need to start paying attention to other forums on here.

I just now noticed a wrestling thread lol.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. RealestWhiteBoy

Road Block: End of the Line Predictions:
    - Big Cass over Rusev ... 1st match on the card, I say it's just a USA > The Field, Babyface over Heel match to get the crowd warmed up on the kickoff show

- Braun Strowman over Sami Zayn ... Braun Strowman will absolutely destroy Sami, but he won't be able to keep him down. Later in the match, Braun will show signs of frustration, Sami will get a little offense, and this will be a 10-minute time limit draw.

- Cruiserweight Championship Triple Threat ... dunno who's going to win, but I really hope it's Rich Swann. Having the title change hands every couple weeks does nothing but make the belt and champions look weak ... I'd like to see someone actually hold on to it for awhile.

- Rollins over Jericho ... no-brainer. He's successfully torn the best friends apart, so he will dispatch of Jericho and move on to HHH for their Mania match.

- WWE Tag Team Championship: Cesaro/Sheamus over New Day ... they've finally reset Demolition's legendary reign, so they can finally remove the belts from New Day. If they aren't going to give the belts to Cesaro/Sheamus and then sometime soon give them to Anderson/Gallows, then what's the point of keeping Cesaro/Sheamus together just to job twice a month to the New Day? lol

- 30-minute Ironman Women's Title Match: Charlotte over Sasha ... I think Charlotte leads by 1 late, Sasha gets a last second fall to tie it, Foley says there must be a winner and sends the match to sudden death OT, and Ric Flair turns on Sasha to get the belt back on Charlotte. After which Charlotte will move on to feud with Bayley.

- WWE Universal Title Match: KO over Reigns ... Reigns is getting more of the crowd behind him as US Champ, but I still don't think the crowd is ready to have them forced to the top, again. I think this sets up some kind of KO is out to defend HHH's honor of Seth (who just did away with Jericho earlier in the night), and sets up a Rumble match, and with no Jericho it'll truly be 1-on-1 ... until HHH gets involved, costing him the match, and we get HHH vs Seth at WM.

9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Not bad predictions. I honestly would be fine with the show being booked that way.

I've heard they want to start pushing Bayley for the Women's title soon. Which I hope, way to talented and over to be having pointless matches with people like Alicia Fox. But I'd also think it would be so messed up to have Sasha lose a PPV match…again.

I do think Rusev wins over Cass. That whole Enzo/Cass & Rusev feud has taken up so much tv time, kind weird it's a pre-show kick off match. But no title on the line and other feuds are bigger so kinda makes sense. Lastly, Vince loves Roman more than his own kids it seems, so I actually see him winning and holding 2 titles cause they want him to be THE guy so badly.

And yeah, I can't imagine New Day winning. They don't even need belts to be over anymore. Also, at some point you have to think Enzo/Cass will be brought into the tag title picture. Can't seem them and New Day feud unless one of them were to go heel, but they're some of the top selling faces so I don't see a turn for either of them happening any time soon.

10. RealestWhiteBoy

I think they just put the belt on Sasha in Charlotte, NC, because at HIAC they had Sasha drop it in her hometown. I heard Charlotte even requested to drop it in her hometown just to return that favor. Before that, they were planning Charlotte vs Bayley to start after HIAC. So, I think this PPV is just a vehicle to get to Bayley vs Charlotte at Rumble.

If Reigns wins it, I think KO vs Reigns is a longterm feud taking us to Mania ... but I don't think WWE plans for this feud to last that long. They're just filling time in the title picture while Rollins and Jericho close out their program before Rumble.

I was disappointed when New Day turned face, like them way more as a heel team. But I guess the idea was they have to be the ultimate faces to feud with The Club. I agree, Enzo/Cass has just killed time all year waiting for their chance to move up the card ... but I think that's because they wanted the record for New Day, so they didn't want them in that scene knowing they'd have to lose every week and it'd just kill them. Wouldn't be surprised to have the belts quickly transitioned to Anderson/Gallows and an instant, epidemic feud with Enzo/Cass. The promos and back-and-forth mic time from that feud would be the best in a long while. New Day is great on the mic, but their stuff is all one sided.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar