WR position...pay Britt or someone else???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I would look into going after a top FA WR for sure. Not my #1 priority, but its worth looking at if the right guy is there and we have the money right now.

As far as paying KB, it depends. Right now he wouldn't command much money anyway. The only way he will is if he can get back to form and play like we all know he can. If he does that, then I would tag him and make him prove that he can do it for a second straight year. If he puts up 2 years of being a top WR, then give him a long term contract, if he can't then we either get him cheap, or let him go.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

no good receivers want to play for this limpd#@! offense.
    Book that.

We'll have to write a blank check to one of these top WRs to get them here.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's only 1 free agent better than Cook, and he's likely staying with the Giants.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

KB looked a lot better towards the end of the year. I think he is going to have a big year next year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I mean we might as well. We wasted a first round last year on wright so why not

7. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

The guy has never played a whole season, never. I know WRs get hurt alot. But I want my #1 guy to be out there. He looked hurt at games this year. Unless he blows up like crazy numbers either in yards, Tds or Receptions next yr, I say drop him after next yr. We really dont have to do anything at WR this yr. Although I would love Jennings or Wallace, don't think we get them unless we grossly over pay. If you we're moving off teams like Packers and Steelers, why waste your last years on a small market losing team. Titans players never get the big endorsement deals. Only reason we get guys like that are if we pay

8. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

Bottom line we HAVE to get busy in the FA early this year.

9. Danimal

Danimal Starter

You can be sure that Kenny Britt will have a monster year next year. That's the pattern when your contract is up every four years. Think how many players have huge years before their contracts expire.

Unlike the past three years, Kenny will report to camp in shape and ready to play, he will be a model citizen and a role model to the children of Nashville. He will do public appearances and smile a lot for the camera and do interviews. Question is do we drink the Kool Aid ?

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

agreed. fat albert had that massive year, then did nothing after getting paid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar