WR Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Young54, Apr 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

Am I blind or do we not have a WR thread already?? Feel free to move this if I missed it.

Anyway... for all those sad about Show19ine, here is his replacement: James Proche.

Very similar to Sharpe. Not the fastest in the world, but legit with greater hands (3 drops on 164 targets last year) and ridiculous ball skills. Needs to work on his route running, which was Sharpe's strength, but makes up for it by making some ridiculous snatches. Not super athletic either, but combines just enough surprising quickness with his strength to make some moves with the ball in his hands. Returned punts and is tough enough I can see him as a gunner. Sort of similar to Derrick Mason or an unpolished Wes Welker (not saying he'll ever have that kind of production)

Above all, he has what JRob seems to value the most in receivers... production. He doesn't care if you're from a small school...
    Back to back 1200 yard seasons
    111 catches last year and 93 the year before
    15 and 12 TDs respectively
    As a Sophomore, had 800 yards and 6 TDs playing next to Courtland Sutton.
    Plus... we know JRob likes guys with horses on their helmets.

If you're looking for a 4th or 5th guy to net us 300-400 yards with 4 or 5 TDs and some clutch catches, this is the guy. I think JRob takes him if he's there in the 5th.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Looks good, and JROB definitely DOES like production. I also like Quez Watkins in the 5th. 4.31 speed and great hands.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Ryland

Ryland Special Teams Standout

Kalija Lipscomb out of Vandy REALLY seems like a legit sleeper. Inside/outside versatility, excellent hands and routes, some elusiveness after the catch. Mostly successful in the short and medium ranges of the field, but with our offense, that would work.

4.57 40 shows that he has adequate athleticism, though he is not a burner....

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Proche certainly does seem like a JRob type of guy

5. Young54

Young54 Starter

I wouldn't hate it. Also very productive at a small school. I'm all for getting another speed guy with upside.

I just love Proche's hands and aggressiveness coming down with the ball. If we are trying to replace Tajae, we need a 4th or 5th option with sure hands that can move the chains.

I'll be happy with either.

Thank goodness JRob goes for production and not "potential". Bye-bye the days of DGB and Justin Hunter (although not sure what happened with Taywan Taylor... his college numbers were bananas). Can't win them all.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If half a GMs draft picks get a 2nd contract thats considered good in the NFL

Very few of JRs picks have been bad

7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Besides Quez, other guys I like in the 5th:

Gabriel Davis

Lyn Bowden

Just RIDICULOUS depth at WR in this draft

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Justin Hunter went for 73-1086-9 his last year of college.

9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He's one of the best WRs in the draft who will fall because he's not "fast" and scouts are dumb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar