WR Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Broken Arrow, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Indy has 3 guys they seem to be high on, not sure WR is top of their list

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

KeeSean Johnson from Fresno State:

Combine numbers not great, but adequate. He is a Rashad Matthews type (Style wise, hopefully he is not a Frenchy quitter) -- good route running, touch, great hands, makes contested catches.

3. JCBRAVE

KeeSean Johnson? That boys mama is a funny lady

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. The Hammer

I know eh lol

5. The Hammer

Cody Thompson from Toledo.

Receiving numbers look average though Toledo was deep at WR and weak at QB. The kids does have ability plus does the little things well -- blocking, ST. Could be a good mid rounder.

6. JCBRAVE

What year is this from? Logan Woodside been gone from Toledo for couple years now..

7. The Hammer

I watch some 2018 video last night, 3 games, and Thompson looks good but you have to wait a long time to see the ball thrown his way. Their QB is bad, at least at throwing. He is a good runner lol.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

He's MORE athletic than I give him credit for? In what way? He purposely did not run a 3 cone or 20yd shuttle at the combine nor his Pro Day. Wonder why that is? Maybe because 230lb 4.5 40 guys don't tend to score well on those. His 4.53 40 is avg. His 38" vert is avg-above avg. His hands are smallish (though he uses them very well). He benched very well. What am I missing in terms of his uber athleticism?

What route trees are run in college vs the NFL for this player? Are you saying he'll be behind because he needs to learn to run 'new' routes too?

He's a good football player and his size allowed him to dominate ppl in college. He won't have nearly as big an advantage in the NFL and he'll be going against much better CB's than he's used to. That means his limited separation in college will likely get worse, not better in the NFL and contested throws are the hardest throws to catch.

If you watch him play, he doesn't have great acceleration and frequently fails to separate on his breaks. Not running a 3 cone or 20yd shuttle means we don't know much about his acceleration metrics...but the fact that he chose NOT to run them is not a GOOD sign.

Outside of being a big bodied wr who has really good hands and can make some spectacular catches...what else does he have? And you'd think a guy like him would do much more damage in the red zone.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

My problem with Harry is his upside is not huge because of his athleticism both at the combine (4.53 40) and on film (fails to get much separation against most cb's). With him NOT running a 3 cone or 20 yd shuttle makes me concerned he may not have the athleticism to explode out of breaks. As a possession receiver, he's good. I just don't think he's first round material considering some other guys like him have been below par (Doctson) or solid (Allen Robinson). Most are not elite.

I like AJBrown but he made a living killing people in the slot. If he's gonna stay there in the NFL and be used like AB (lot of slot usage to go against nickels), I'd be higher on him. He's a good wr can may be even better in the NFL. He needs route development as he didn't run the whole route tree playing slot. I think he is an instant starter as a slot and has a decent shot at being a #1 but should be a solid #2 quickly.

Campbell is one of my favorite wr's and based on his testing, was underused as just a slot. I think if he goes to the right team, he'll be one of those 'came out of nowhere' players who could surprise. He's got #1 wr athleticism and talent, but needs more work on his route running due to how he was used. Michael Thomas wasn't that highly thought of and became one of the best wr's in the NFL. Campbell has a chance to do that as well.

I think Isabella is more of a slot guy who wants to be the next Edelman and may be. But how would he be on the Titans who just signed Humphries?

These guys are more what flavor ice cream do you like. Brown, Isabella and Campbell were mostly slot guys who could be more and Harry and Whiteside are basically possession wr's who need to develop their route running and quickness to be anything more.

I'm not as big on Butler but he and Metcalf are bigger boom/bust prospects. They have higher ceilings and lower floors. The one difference being...if used correctly, Metcalf could be a destructive #2 right now with just the route tree he runs now. Come out in a 3 wr set with CD and Metcalf on the outside and Humphries in the slot and any team trying to put even 7 in the box against Henry is gonna have a big problem.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Tricky

Tricky Starter

DK Metcalf is visiting the Ravens today. That's the perfect spot for him to go underperform and be hurt half the year.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar