Wow...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I just picked up my copy at Gamestop. Doesn't seem to be any different from what I played so far. My roommate is already *****in' about the controls "why the X button not makin' me jump?". :ha:

Uncharted looks cool. I played the demo, and enjoyed it, but it didn't wow me at all. However, once I'm done with Creed, I might just turn it in for that one.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Any framerate issues?

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I've played it for about 3 hours tonight. Let me add a few things to my review:

1) There are some frame-rate drops, but I only noticed it when there were almost 50-60 people on screen, and there was heavy movement (battle going on, multiple animations from several characters). Even then, it did not distract from the gameplay at all, and was short lived at that. Not an issue in my book.

2) Some glitches with the climbing and can get somewhat annoying when you're trying to escape. Small issue, but still, an issue nonetheless.

3) The A.I. is not as bad as reviews or I remember. Enemies will not stand in line and attack, as they appeared in earlier versions, and will occasionally even gang up on you; you'll need to have your finger close to the parry button often. Also, while there still are some head-scratching A.I. moments, it wasn't as pervasive as the last time I played.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ultimately the only review that matters is your own.

What is graphics tearing though?

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Never heard the term in my life. Another word for clipping issues, which this game has occassionally when climbing, usually when things get pretty hectic.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The reason you've never heard of it is because it's actually texture tearing, it's basically when the texturing of objects mess up causing weird artifacts.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

The big problem seems to be the freezing people are experiencing. It's happened once in about 7 hours of playing so far, and it is suspected that it's a problem with the Firmware update (2.0). I've read that turning off the info bar solves this.

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I rented it earlier today. Haven't gotten a chance to really get into it, but I like what i've seen so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar