Wow...I am not sure I remember the board ever blowing up like this...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I know times are tough, I didn't even pop for the NFL Sunday ticket this season, after getting it for the past five years, I just couldn't justify 200+dollars for a 4-12 season. Not saying we are going to have one this year, but I'm just saying.... I'll have to see evidence of better things to come.

2. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

happens every preseason...this year has been esceptional though....more happy news for us all today. GO TITANS

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

"What, me worry?"

[​IMG]

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Drink ---> :koolaid:

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I feel like I need something a little stronger than Kool-Aid this morning. I've been a huge fan of this franchise for 31 years and I honestly don't recall ever being more pessimistic entering a season (it might have happened I just don't recall it). I'm sure I'll get over it. I can be an annoyingly positive person, but it seems the way things are going these days the Titans' Kool-Aid would be Jim Jones' secret special recipe.

:drunk:

6. Mempho Man

Mempho Man Guest

People need to relax a little bit..this is preseason..If we play gawd awful against the Jets opening day in a REGULAR season game then we can start to worry.Preseason means nothing(its only practice)..if it did,the Saints would have won a few SB's back in the day(80's),cause just about every yr they went 4-0 during the preseason and alot of other teams do well in preseason then flop during regular season.
    We'll get better,maybe not this yr but give it time.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I hear you and I'm trying to chill out. I just can't escape the feeling that this franchise is spinning it's wheels. It’s the same mistakes, the same inadequacies, the same excuses. It pains me to admit this but right now I'm starting to be of the opinion that things won't really change until the current coaching regime is gone. Lack of discipline, lack of results, lack of development in our young players... that speaks to a lack of coaching.

I'm truly grateful for everything that Fish has done for this team but perhaps it's time to move in another direction. Since I find myself feeling this way, the prospect of the season ahead going much the same as last, is frustrating and seems a waste of a year (and perhaps even somewhat damaging to the young talent we do have). I hope I'm wrong in this; it's not like me to bash Titans' players or coaches. No one on these boards would be happier than me if the team finished within a game of .500 and was the kind of fiery, passionate, proud football team that we'd come to expect in the past from a Fisher coached Titans squad. Sadly I've seen no evidence of this happening (other than positive spin straight from the Fish's mouth) and I've reached the point where I'm no longer willing to believe based on faith alone.

8. Mempho Man

Mempho Man Guest

TitanBuoy I completely understand your frustration and hope just as you do that things turn around sooner than later.I dont see it happening this yr.I wouldnt doubt it if we win only 3 or 4 games.I hope Im wrong tho.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Go ahead and lump me in that straw poll for now. (the constituency that feels as if our situation could easily remain poor) I have seen very little that points to some great leap being taken this year. I'm not ready to give up on Fisher but I'm beginning to wonder if Reese is getting behind the right draft picks. I like the Young pick just fine myself but I can see where many may be left scratching their heads on that one; Titan fans and non-Titan fans alike. If Young isn't what we all hope he will be I don't think Bud will frag Reese for that one.

It is obvious that Young is Bud's boy and that is fine by me. I need not to name names here but there are many decisions to draft players and even some decisions to release others that bring the Reese's management into question. In the past we have lost cog wheels of our team to FA's and Reese has a history of bringing poor FA pickups on board. This is all outside our cap woes we have just now been able to get a grip on. I really hate sounding like the angel of doom and gloom here today but I fear that the Falcons will just make us look silly tonight.

I seriously question JS's ability to coordinate our defense. I am of the same mind as those who feel they have believed long enough and that the time is nigh see something to inspire hope. Maybe then the kool-aid will frow freely but as for right now, as horrible as it sounds, I am looking forward to the 2007 season more so than I am the 2006 season. That really makes me feel sick inside. I also predict that we will pick in the top ten of the draft. I do not rule out picking in the top five.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

My 2 cents: We've got talent enough to win 8 games. The defense is our biggest unknown. It can be a top 15 or even top 10 defense if they execute properly. I don't believe Schwartz can get it done without changing his coaching style. If he doesn't, our D loses us 3 or 4 games, we go 4-12 and Fisher (and crew maybe) are gone to Pittsburgh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar