Would You Trade...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clint8, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Top top right corner of the screen

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

On a Mac soooooooo ummm

3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

People keep going on about sacks and how devastating and game changing they are and while this is true I think the timing of a sack and what happens after the sack is actually what matters most. For example let's say it's first and ten and the defense sacks Tom Brady for a 7 yard loss. 2nd and 17 comes around and Brady throws a 23 yard pass for a first down. How devastating was that sack really? I get that a sack ends the play but very few times do 1 or two sacks in the first half decide the game. Obviously if we're talking about a situation where the other team is down and driving with 2 minutes left a sack is one of the most devastating things that can happen but a hurry on 3rd down that leads to a pick or an incomplete pass is almost as effective.

I think the best example for this was this year's Superbowl. IIRC the Seahawks only sacked Manning once but he was getting hit and under relentless pressure all night. If I had to choose between relentless pressure and 2 sacks, I'm taking the pressure every time because a QB like Manning can recover from a sack or two and still shred you but as we've seen constant pressure throws them off their game by making the clock in their head run faster than normal which leads to bad throws and bad decisions. Most picks come from a QB feeling the rush and making a bad decision. Because sacks end the play rarely do sacks result in picks. I'll take the hurries and picks please.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Manning really isn't the best example to use. Its hard to say how Manning would have played if he wasn't under pressure, because any big game is always 'pressure' for him.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

While you are correct there were many throws in this game where it wasn't necessarily Manning chocking but him trying to force plays while under heavy pressure. I honestly don't think it matters who was at QB that day. There was way too much pressure for anyone to handle.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

eh yea, you are probably right.

I think the biggest difference is, the Seahawks have guys who will get you. Were as we have guys who occasionally get close.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

True. The pressure does have to be more consistent. Casey was an animal this year and Morgan was pretty good but outside of that we got nothing. Brown really looked like he was gonna be the guy for us early on and then fizzled.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Brown is the biggest head scratcher last year. Looked like a lock for the pro bowl and by week 8 had fell off the radar.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Yup, he and Ayers are the most confusing guys on the roster to me. I just don't get it.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Which is why Jackson would be a monumental signing. Good player with some veteran leadership skills. Would probably do wonders for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar