Would You Trade...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clint8, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It doesn't have anything to do with sexy. We spent the 16th pick in the draft on a guy who might get double-digit sacks if you combine two seasons' worth of his play. And after drafting him we still have a need for an edge rusher.

He plays the run. Fantastic. Too bad his spectacular play against the run has helped us rank 20th, 24th, 24th and 20th against the run. BUT NO ONE RUNS RIGHT ON THE TITANS DEFENSE BECAUSE DERRICK MORGAN IS THERE!

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hey without Morgan those 20th, 24th, 24th and 20thranked defenses turn into 30, 30, 30 and 32.

Pick on somebody else, Morgan holds his own and some.

3. Fry

I pick on just about everyone on the defense because it's generally average, full of average players. Derrick Morgan just happens to be one of the guys(along with Pollard) people will insist on telling me he's a "very solid player" because they're some talent evaluation guru, when in reality it's the stupid PFF ratings that people get their opinion from.

You guys understand Morgan got every single one of his sacks this season against terrible offensive lines, right? Like, he didn't get a sack against a decent right tackle all season. Not one. Pittsburgh, Houston, Indy(2) and Jacksonville(2). That's less than "not sexy." It's garbage.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Of course there is a reason, he has NEVER had a big year.

I would like to see an 8-9 sack season from him. Against good teams.....

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Obviously I would like a "Stud" but that is what EVERY team is in search of. If you can't have that, you have a dud or someone productive. I will damn sure take productive until we get someone that is better..I don't see how that is a bad thing. The dude stops the run and isn't a joke by any means.

6. JCBRAVE

Greg Hardy did the same exact thing this year and people drool over him as if he's a God.

And if you watched him youd know he lines up against left tackles not right tackles.

7. Fry

That's their problem, not mine. Although it's kind of funny that you have to add up Morgan's two most productive years to almost equal what Hardy did against bad lines this year.

Derrick Morgan is almost as good as Greg Hardy. The story of his pro career.

8. Fry

If I watched who? Morgan? He plays on the side without a TE because Ropati is bigger. It doesn't have anything to do with Morgan. He's pretty much on the record saying he's more comfortable at LDE, anyway.

9. JCBRAVE

He took nearly 100% of his snaps at RDE vs LT's

10. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

He's not going anywhere. The new staff seems to be high on him along with McCourty.

And I don't buy his almost plays are helping others on the line like Casey make plays. If anything, Morgan needs a counterpart to help him make plays in the passing game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar