Would you trade VY for Mario?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 13, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    60.5%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    39.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought this would be interesting.

Based on their body of work so far and their potential future, would you trade Vince Young for Mario Williams?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:bighomer:

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Where do we sign and initial?

4. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

No way. Once Vince develops, which i think he is very, very close, we'll be able to build a team around him....Vince Young will win SuperbowlS for this team

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

As soon as he learns how to play receiver or special teams, then yes, he can be a benefactor of our ridiculously good defense and running game and "win superbowls' WITH this team, not for.

Generally it's not a good idea to give an unproven rookie quarterbck $58 million, especially on a smashmout running and stopping the run type team.

Vince (the $58million guy) had essentially this same defense last season as Kerry (the $1.75 million guy) has now, and we all saw how he managed to throw all that away and virtually never take advantage of all the same field advantage opportunities our defense provides.

I'm no financial genius, but I dont think it takes one to figure out where the value is.

6. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Simple answer, Hell no. Mario Williams is just gettng into groove, and coming into his own. VY is not even playing. One had a terrible Rookie season (MW), and one had a very productive rookie season (VY), Last year VY regressed, and MW started feeling it. To his credit, MW is now feeling it, but VY is not even on the field, so I can't give any opinion about this season. All I know is KFC is not our franchise QB, and he was never brought in to be so, therefore we NEED a QB, not a DE.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

This season's approach has made me much more appreciative of the defense's role and much more apprehensive of the need for a franchise QB, and the Texan's reasoning behind drafting Williams is much more sound than our reasoning for drafting Young.

Yeah, I'll take Williams, and find any QB who can read defenses and thread the needle.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I'm assuming everyone that feels Vince should be our franchise guy feels that Leinhart should be Zona's. They are both completely unproven making as much money, and more than some that are exponentially better.

Both have veterans showing them up. Warner is actually leading his team, whereas KFC is just simply keeping mistakes at a minimum, which is all the Titans team makeup asks for. It's sad that a $58 million guy can not even do that...yet still has fan faithfuls.

It reminds me of a 6 foot 10 inch guy on my highschool basketball team that dominated only because of his size. I went and watched him play in college, and he didn't make it past his freshman year. His size advantage no longer existed the way it did in highschool. Vince and his speed is the exact same thing. He was faster than his opponents in college, and once he got to the NFL, that advantage ceased to exist.

I wish I knew what it was he had that the VY fans see, because I'm watching every Youtube video I can find, and I still can't find one that shows off any NFL arm talent.

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

You just said the simple answer is to pick a guy who doesn't play over a guy who is coming into his own. Interesting concept.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I've always grimaced a little when I read from fans here who expect VY to do all the winning on his own, and it began to annoy me quite a bit when we started expecting McNair to do it when our team sucked.

It's pretty simple: a winning team is not made by one player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar