Would you trade away our 1st round pick for Philip Rivers?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 8, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No

84 vote(s)
    77.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amy

amy Starter

If i were

2. amy

amy Starter

If i were Rivers, i would retire before i would come to this team.

3. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Come on JC...this is easy man lol. I wouldn't do it. Phillip Rivers is a very good QB one I like A LOT. However, given his age I wouldn't do it. QBs like Peyton, Brady, Farve are exceptions in regards to the length of time they played at elite levels.

I'm not saying Rivers won't be able to sustain his current level of play, but I wouldn't be willing to bet a 1st round pick on it. I'd rather draft a player that hopefully can be a sure fire roster spot on this team for 7 years. If not I'd say lets try and trade the pick and get more picks if possible. That's just my two cents...

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I feel like this would be Carson Palmer to the Raiders.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

No way in hell I do that trade. Rivers is good, but not #1 good imo. I don't want that cry baby on my team.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

This would kill the franchise for a decade.

Worst thread ever.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

We won't be competitive when, after paying him a gazzillion dollars to take most of our cap space til he's 40yrs old, he gets crushed by our inept OL and does his best Locker impression for most missed games in 4 seasons!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Whiz is just mad because a guy who used to stock shelves at a local grocery store took him to the Super Bowl.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Apparently rivers refuses to sign a long term deal in San Diego...with his 17 million cap hit he might be available since he's a fa in 2016... @JCBRAVE might be onto something...send them a third and hunter

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

By the time this team is ready to compete rivers will be ready to retire.

Can you make I will want to punch ruston and whiz in the face if this happens an option?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar