Would you touch TB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Oct 25, 2019.

?
  1. Hell yeah!

17 vote(s)
    51.5%
  2. Nah, too old

16 vote(s)
    48.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

For the life of me, I can’t pass on a poll.....no matter how impossible it is.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

This. Anyone remember Curtis Painter?

3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Well, lets start with some top qbs.
    Rodgers behind Favre
    S.Young behind Montana
    Brady behind Brees
    Mahomes behind A. Smith

and the list goes on and on.

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I assume you mean Bledsoe not brees.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Is it possible none of those guys were actually good mentors and those other QBs were good without them?

Young played for USFL and TB before playing in SF, maybe Deberg was the better mentor.
    Favre, Montana, Bledsoe(assumed), Alex Smith couldn’t mentor anyone else? They all had multiple teams and young QBs backing them up.

6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Give him a bunch of cash and draft a rookie, yup I can get on board with that. He's going to drop off a cliff at some point, has to. But all you need is 1 good year. The rest of this roster is rock solid IMO, IOL be dammed. It's like the Manning situation all over again. Give him a try, draft his successor and be done with it.

7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

To be with his BFF, Vrabel. That's the only real reason. But our D and offensive weapons would be good enough for him to win.

8. SenorMariota

SenorMariota Rookie

SalmonSlayer said:. At his age he still a lot better than any QB we have here or in our division. So, yes I would gladly welcome Tom here.

Would you welcome Bill Belichick too? How about 18 year veteran Josh McDaniels? Ask Tom if he could have done it without them. So I would think it's not a question of whether we would accept him, it's more a question of whether he would accept us. The answer would be no.

9. SenorMariota

SenorMariota Rookie

What we see out on the field are the workings of two or three people. Not just one. One cannot go without the other. That's why the Patriots coaching staff is still in tact after all these years. They are one.

So when we see the excellence of Brady on the field know that high IQ plays are being called from the sideline to throw off the defense to make it easy for Brady. They're all smart, they're not dumb bells.

Brady would say, I'm not going to Tennessee without the geniuses that made me great. I'm no fool.

10. SenorMariota

SenorMariota Rookie

Picture Bill Belichick sitting at his drafting desk deep in thought and all he does is draw Xs and Os. Investing all his time into it. An X here and an O there. He's got his eraser with him, you hear him say, "no, that's not gonna work". He erases that O and that X and draws a vertical line and writes "this is the no return line". His wife comes in the room and says, "stop working on that nonsense and come help me in the kitchen". He says, "just a moment dear". She says, "no, right now. Put that away, you're going to drive yourself insane". He says, "I got just a little more to do, hun". She screams, "I said, put it down".

Don't think for a moment that great time was not invested in Tom's success. Belichick reads defenses like a blackjack player reads cards. When you spend a lot of time with something you're gonna get good at it. Belichick is good.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar