Would you Fire Vrabel if He Brings Back Downing?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RockyTop Fox, Dec 24, 2022.

?
  1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    78.7%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I guess we need a Vrabel thread now.

If it was the only way to get rid of Todd Downing, would you move on from Vrabel just like Mularkey?

2. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Yes, after this season, if Vrabel wouldn’t be willing to fire Downing’s worthless arse then he should probably go too.

I like Vrabel and think he’s a good coach as far as X’s and O’s, and getting the most out of a subpar, banged up practice squad bunch of players.

But another big part of his job is picking and managing his staff, trainers, coaches, coordinators, etc. And that is one area he’s seem to be weak. From Oline, to strength and conditioning to his coordinators. They pretty much all suck.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 6
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Titan Bill

Titan Bill Titan Branded 4 Life Tip Jar Donor

Easy yes....

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Easy yes, and I bet AAS mandates this, among other things as well.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

If downing seriously came back next year AND got a vote of confidence would you guys even watch?

‘Ohhh I’m a real fan of course we’d watch!

no shut up, seriously … a Titans team with Willis, Daley and Downing … WOULD U WATCH??? :drunk:
    2EA92B00-85A7-4E74-9152-6326482D67E3.gif

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Yes

7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I hate Downing, but no way I would fire Vrabel this year. JRob put together a terrible roster, especially on offense. Vrabel deserves time to right the ship.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I think the front office loves Vrabel -- but at some point they will put their foot down about Downing....

That being said, I can see Vrabel..... finally... coming to his senses when we're 7-10 and packing our bags for a trip to the senior bowl.

That and as KY said above -- JROB has been p*ssing on our Super Bowl window for years...... 5 things need to happen..

1. Vrabel needs to fire Downing no questions asked.
    2. We need to fire everyone in the training room/sports medicine field/strength and conditioning.
    3. Sign at least 1 free agent Olinemen. (C, because I feel BJ gonna retire)
    4. Draft a LT/ or trade down for picks and your first two picks should be LT and G.
    5. Do your best to bring in a bridge QB - a Gardner Minshew would not be terrible, and I believe we could be a very well functioning offense if we had a decent line and him.

#8 Broken Arrow, Dec 24, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

At this point I'm inclined to want him gone either way

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Who

Who Starter

Doesn't matter, this franchise is cursed.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar