Worth repeating: CJ joins some elite company

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

CJ leads the NFL with 2,017 scrimmage yards and became only the fifth player in NFL history to reach 2,000 scrimmage yards in his team’s first 13 games. He joins Pro Football Hall of Famers Jim Brown (2,008 in 1963), Walter Payton (2,051 in 1977) and O.J. Simpson (2,120 in 1975) and former Kansas City RB Priest Holmes (2,104 in 2002) as the only players to accomplish the feat.

As for the single-season record, he's in the hunt:

2,429 yards - Marshall Faulk, St. Louis, 1999 (1,381 rush., 1,048 rec.)
    2,390 yards - Tiki Barber, N.Y. Giants, 2005 (1,860 rush., 530 rec.)
    2,370 yards - LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego, 2003 (1,645 rush., 725 rec.)

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd rather he get to 2000 than set the most yards from scrimmage record.

3. pettso

pettso Starter

Uh, what?

You'd rather him be like 4th in rushing totals than 1st in total yards? I actually think he has a much better chance of breaking Faulk's yards from scrimmage record than Dickerson's rushing record.

Put it this way, if he break's Dickerson's record, he'll break both.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2000 yard rushers are something truely special. it's something that every running back strives for. it was also one of CJ's goals this year, i'd like to see him achieve it.

5. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Aw hell, let him get both records. No since limiting it to just one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

All I can say is that I'm glad CJ is a Titan. It's so much fun watching him play. Every time he's given the ball, you have no clue as to what is going to happen. The guy is exciting to watch!

I hate to admit that I never heard of Chris Johnson when he played college ball. I said "Who?" when we drafted him. My goodness, our scouts did their homework on this guy!

7. pettso

pettso Starter

Haha yeah they did. I hope whoever pulled for CJ got a nice raise or bonus. :wink2:

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't think it took much. It was probably the same guy that was blown away by Chris Henry's forty time that loved CJ.
    So they tried again, and this time it worked.

I hate that we could be much more balanced with Lendale splitting carries and probably more effective, but are so worried about getting CJ his individual accomplishment records. Doesn't mean jack when we miss playoffs.

9. pettso

pettso Starter

I'm perfectly fine with Lendale sitting on the bench and giving CJ more carries as long as the team keeps winning. I don't think CJ's individual accomplishment is meaningless, but I would put the team winning well ahead of it.

When it turns into blind support of CJ (which is one of Fisher's specialties) then I'll have a problem with it.

10. iQon

iQon Starter

Very slim chances he breaks the rushing record without taking a few 70+ yarders. Best bet is the record mentioned in the original post. I really wanted to see Dickerson's broken though. :hmm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar