Worst Rookie Group Ever? (first year production only)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Nov 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I agree you do not want to start a rookie OL. But if a first round pick cannot get in after two injuries ahead of him that is alarming.

I get that he is raw. So was Nate Davis and he did pretty good last year, by this point.

2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

We found out he also had maturity issues.... what is your point and what is your solution? Cut him? Shoot him? Trade him ? Crawl into a ball and weep uncontrollably because 11 games in our entire 2020 draft class due to injuries and during the worst pandemic in recent history with no OTAs or mini camp isn’t starting every game?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. JVC34

JVC34 Special Teams Standout

No you're not representing the title. You were smart by your title selection, however you're ranking them based on their lack of performance on the field.

So instead you should be pointing out faults like....do they show up on time/are they disciplined/their maturity/work ethics in practice/do they listen take notes and remember....that's how students are ranked in class. But you were smart in your title....doesn't fool me though.

4. The Hammer

Does any of that change the fact the performance of this year's rookies has been historically bad.

You keep making excuses for why it is bad. Okay. That does not change that it is bad.

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Out of those choices I’m guessing shoot him? But open to other options like maybe see what happens next year.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. The Hammer

I changed the title, just for you and anyone else who cannot grasp this simple concept. I even added an explanation in the OP lol.

If this whole thing still upsets you, then you might want to just ignore the thread. Or don't, I don't care.

7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Sure.. ok. In this small sample size it’s been not as expected or bad. Historically bad? Naw. I doubt it.

8. Trent Walker

Trent Walker Special Teams Standout

I wonder if other teams rookies are doing as poorly, since they, too, have had the same situation to deal with.

I’m really not sure. Just wondering.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Performance On the field and attitude are intertwined with Rookie evaluations. I would think performance trumps (sorry Vondy) all, and the main point of his thread. The rookie class is underperforming at a level we have not seen in quite a while - regardless of the reasons.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Some are some aren’t, like most years.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar