Worst part about being a football player

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JCBRAVE, May 15, 2009.

?
  1. Having to peel off sweaty cloths after a game

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Attempting a 3-points stance then falling on your face in late November

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Nagging injuries

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  4. The smell of the lineman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Your sig is the equivalent of repeated showers with naked guys..

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

....treasure hunting! Get it right:irked:

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I hear you. Sub TN for AL though. Don't stop til the guys that usually don't vomit...vomit.

That and being one of the smallest guys (WR, DB, etc) and ALWAYS being lined up with an LB during hitting drills, 1vs1's, etc. Never failed.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was 5'10" 185 pounds playing DE (I'm a running-back FYI) vs. the state champs offensive tackles at 6'7" 310 pounds. Now don't get me wrong I had a lot going for me; super strength, crazy speed. But I was still half their size! Literally. It was tough but I hated those match ups.

5. Deuce Wayne

I was always small, so I'd have to sell the hit and fake them. Basically- act like I really wanted to try to drill them, and then make a move at the last second when they're ready to crush me.
    They usually sold it, and ended up diving to the ground.

This is why I loved FS though. You could be small, and jack people up just because they never knew where you were. T'ing off on a QB from the blitz was the best thing ever. Full speed and facemask to facemask.

6. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Riding 14 hours overnight in an ugly bus after a game, swallowing pain killers to try to get some sleep. Low budget football comeback trips suck really big time. Specially if you have had plenty of hurt in your body, and sleep upside down.

For a pro, I´ll guess without a doubt, that it will be loss of life expectancy, brain damage and all those past injuries pains that will get back to you in 20-30 years.

Also, lack of job security and having to move with your family from place to place are the ugly things.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

not giving players water breaks isnt something to brag about. it takes a really stupid coach to do such a thing. sports isnt worth a life. i would have told the coach to go * himself. there is nothing to gain by trying to deny water in the hot heat. it doesnt make the players any better at game time.

8. Deuce Wayne

Well, this was about 10 years ago. A lot has changed in that short period of time. They thought it made you 'tough'. Never thought about the dangers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar