Worst Movies of All Time

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by RTH, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

If I can't sit through it any further then yes I'd say that makes it onto the worst list. I think thats a REALLY good indicator.
    Worst I was forced to sit through?.."Kiss of the Spider Woman".

...no, wait...that Matt Damon pos about the CIA's formation
    ..the one where he plays a coat rack..

2. avvie

While we're here, let's repeat the question: worst of all time according to whom and by what standard? Siskel and Ebert or a bunch of football heads on a forum? Oscar winners or piece of **** black and white Ed Wood era horror drive-ins? It's ben pretty obvious over the years that your tastes are FAAAAAR from mainstream and you've expressed nearly utter disdain at nearly everything that wasnt a box office flop because its commercialized Hollywood but I'M the ******* because I thought Idiocracy was so awful that it wasnt worth continuing? NO NO NO NO NO. You are not qualified to make that judgement.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Worst all-time?
    I'll turn off a movie that I simply don't like but the depths of terrible a movie has to plummet to to make worst all-time is profound. Idiocracy isn't even in that galaxy.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Go back and read the OP Avv. Your response here doesn't meet the criteria.

"What have you got?
    I'm talking bad... not your least favorite... horribly done, no redeeming qualities."

And you are not correct about my thoughts on mainstream. There are plenty of commercialized modern movies that I like - just not the pandering stuff.
    If a movie is good I will call it good.

5. avvie

What does "no redeeming qualities" mean?
    As I said, its a great comedy sketch. As a movie its an eternal sophomoric bad joke. "Troll" has redeeming qualities: it entertains Fangoria fans.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Helping me make my point doesn't help you make your point.
    If this thread was "overrated movie:" or "movies I hated" then sure.
    OP states in first reply to me though that that isn't the case here..

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Much like the superhero wars, everyone is going to have their own opinions and way of determining things. But OP clearly stated "not your least favorite.... horribly done, no redeeming qualities". If that's Idiocracy or Man of Steel for you then I guess who am I to say otherwise. It does leave me scratching my head though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Not Troll, Troll 2.

9. avvie

I guess its all reletive to the kind of time you spend in front of he screen. I dont watch boatloads of movies and I cant stand it when my wife has to have to tv on at all times for "background noise". If I watched everything that came out I'm sure that a Jenny Aniston rom com would top my list but I've never watched even two minutes of one. "Transformers"?...only saw one and it did what it set out to do. I'd probably top the list with any Will Farrell movie if I bothered watching them. I usually dont understand most of the stuff people here like (especially you, Cruds..I mean, I get that its your hobby but you're usually offended that we dont take it as seriously as you do). So "Idiocracy" is among MY worst of all time, and for the same reason I can't watch The Simpsons even though I used to be a Groening fan. I dont think Homer is funny. Nothing he has ever done is funny to me. I don't think stupid for stupid's sake is funny; it's the editorial equivalent of a fart joke. It's more Three Stooges slapstick and I dont get it. Idiocracy is the same thing once the punch line has been told. The climax of that film was "Ow My Balls!" By then it had said everything it could say. Even the electrolyte joke was anticlimactic and tiresome because it was just more of the same overlong joke. That's the way I saw it. I thought it was awful. Good idea stillborn. Why is this a problem with you?

#79 avvie, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Okay now you're crossing the line...:chairwack:

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar