Worst case scenario

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HonoluluYogi, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah I agree not at 5. But he was a playmaker against high level competition and does play with an edge. May not be a JRob guy or worth the management risk. But I'd take him at #18 if he's there,And nobody wanted to traded for our spot. Maybe at #12 if we traded with Browns unless another high ranked D player slipped.

All indicaticators point to be him being an NFL playmaker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I say he's just as athletic because while Ramsey's measurable are impressive given his size, there is good reason there are few tall 210 pound CBs who are true island cover guys. Lattimore has the foot quickness and hip fluidity to shadow just about anyone in the league, which Ramsey does not. Hence all the speculation he would be a S in the NFL, whereas you don't hear that at all with Lattimore.

3. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

Tape don't show it. Teammates love him. Rally around him.

I want my lbs to have instincts and a mean streak. He's got both in spades. Never been an off field problem guy.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

It's also possible some mid round teams may be spreading this stuff hoping he will drop.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well we can agree to disagree.

IMO, elite athleticism is not a 38.5" vert. A 41" vert at 209lbs is. A 4.41 40 at 209lbs is.

But be that as it may...Lattimore is a very good cb. But he didn't face a ton of top level wr's and has a top 10 FS playing behind him and an excellent pass rush. Considering the only 1 year of experience means we don't have a ton of tape on him. Will his hammy's act up again? Will we find holes in his game? Was the Darboh TD catch an aberration?

Don't get me wrong, I think Lattimore is the best cb in the draft and I'd love to have him on my team. But do you think he's gonna be a Revis caliber CB? I'm not sure. He has the tools...but will he put it all together? If yes, he's a top 5 pick. If maybe, he's a top 10-15 pick. I expect he'll be drafted in the top 10...maybe top 5 because there aren't enough good cb's and he's the top guy!

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The speculation that he would be a better safety was due to him making more plays the closer he was to the ball. As FSU's NB/S he won them games with the plays he made. As a CB, offenses just avoided him. It didn't have anything to do with foot speed.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Most people didn't know Tim Williams had problems either til now.

Foster is an excellent player and 98% of this has nothing to do with him on the field. Question is, will his judgement cause a problem that keeps him from being on the field? They are talking about personal foul penalties leading to ejections and he sometimes is a head hunter. Add in another reason he could be off the field in injury concerns and he has some issues there.

And while he is an excellent LB, I would disagree on his instincts. He doesn't have great run instincts and either hesitates or takes a false step sometimes. You will see the occasional play where his instincts work for him, but not like a Luke Kuechly. Fortunately, he's surrounded by high end NFL talent and he's very athletic and gets the job done. His instincts seem to be better vs the pass...at least on a higher percentage of plays.

He is currently the best ILB in the draft, but I'm sure scouts are wondering if Reddick might end up being the better pro. Both have risk in different ways.

8. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

As much as I like Foster, I just don't think that I would be for taking any ILB as high as #5, especially with the injury concern.

But at #18, certainly! For anyone taking issue with his combine outburst, his aggressive nature, and questioning his intelligence... I want an aggressive, somewhat unhinged guy at ILB! I want a bulldog who's going to stick his nose into every hole without fear, light people up like the 4th of July, and make people think twice before running up the middle!

Also, he was the play-caller for the Alabama defense, which is not just a base defense. There's some pretty complicated calls/stunts/reads, etc that they use, and he was the guy in charge of that, so I'm not too worried about his football IQ. I don't need him to recite poetry and cure cancer. I just need him to run through a running-back with little regard for the other persons well being.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Why are people talking about Foster and injury concerns? He played the entire year with a partially torn Rotator cuff. It's a shoulder, not a knee. Name the last guy to miss a year or have a career ending shoulder injury who wasn't a QB.

As long as it isn't a knee/patella/achilles/Jones fracture/Lis Franc injury, I have zero concerns.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

That may have been brought up, but I've heard many report that they believed keeping up with quicker receivers would be an issue for him. D. Mason brought it up several times on his show, and his former college teammate (M. Muhammed) basically said the same thing. This is obviously not the extent of which I heard his agility come into question, but they were just giving their take on concerns that had been brought up.
    If you're debating to which degree the athleticism of a guy with a 38.5 inch vertical will show up on the field compared to one with a 41 inch vertical (especially when the former odds faster), you're grasping at straws. Lattimore's superior foot quickness and lateral agility should be more beneficial in coverage than being able to jump 2 extra inches while standing completely still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar