World Series of Poker

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Where's our GoTitans PokerStars? Anyone else following the WSOP this year?

2. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

I have been watching last year wsop i don't think they have started a new one yet. Btw I dislike Phil Hellmuth he is a big cry baby

3. World Peace

Yeah its going on right now...

4. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

That sucks I missing it because of work do the have it online?

5. World Peace

They dont play the final table til November which is silly. I couldnt take it man. You'd be at a final table for the bracelet, and have to wait 4 months. What happens if someone dies before then?

6. World Peace

you can check channelsurfing.net but i cam keeping track of it on Pocketfives.com

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Those guys play a ridiculous amount of poker for days ... they need a break.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

9. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i have watched the entire 2008 series...gonna have to start the 2009 now...phil hellmuth is a punk...i do like the mouth though...and also tiffany michelle...she did really good last year...
    [​IMG]

10. World Peace

You wouldnt think this, but there are some gorgeous high limit female poker players. I'll concede cheer leading as a sport, as long as I can get poker as a sport.

Sure, its not an athletic competition, but it is on ESPN, and it could be the first ever sport that you can participate and drink beer at the same time.

I've played in a large poker tournament that's lasted multiple days and I don't know if I could bring myself to do it again. Sure, you get in the zone, and lose all track of time.

When I played at the bellagio last year, it had felt like I had just run a marathon. I've been physically exausted before, but after this tournament, I was physically and mentally exausted. I got back to my room at 7pm that night, and passed out immediately.

Sure, you may just be sitting there in a chair... But keeping a straight face and controlling your emotions takes more of a physical toll on your body than you would think. You have to have ICE running through your vains to play for high stakes. I got lucky and won a satellite in, but when there is millions on the line, you constantly have this "Walking on egg shells"/Semi sick feeling when someone raises you and you know they have the goods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar