Woolfolk Reloaded Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 10, 2006.

?
  1. Woolfolk is a bust and the 2006 season will only prove that further.

71.0%
  2. Woolfolk has had a rough time of it but I expect him to play at a high level in the 2006 season.

29.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

He's finally a FA after this season right?

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You know... if Andre Woolfolk does well this season and then leaves via free agency... I hope he goes to Denver, blows up the AFC west and makes us wish we never let him get away. That would be a dream for Woolfolk, playing for Denver I mean... I acknowlege that Andre has fallen short here but I don't understand why he takes so much heat when there are others on the roster that are sub-par. Seems to me people enjoy being critical... and that's fine by me. Folks have their dispositions, and they never are going to be the same and it's better that way, I suppose...Still, just the same I want only the best for our players. I hope that I am right for my homer fed support of Woolfolk. It's faith. That's all it is. Faith has no rationale really...It's just a manifestation of hope.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I look at it like this. Woolfolk was a 1st round pick in his 3rd year and was beat out by a 7th round rookie. Obviously Hill has some flaws in his game but the coaching staff had more confidence starting Hill than Andre despite Hill only being a rookie. No way the coaching staff makes that move if they even think these guys are equal in talent. They felt that Hill was flat out the better CB of the two.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

You started this thread, twice! What did you expect, us to come on here and say what a great player Andre Woolfolk is, when clearly he isn't? C'mon SEC, you're better than that.:hmm:

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Two ACL's is not the same thing as completely underachieving, not even the same proximity. I wish Woolfolk had torn out his ACL's, so at least I could make an excuse for how bad he is.

6. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

These are the same people that think players walk onto the team great. They don't see that coaches and coordinators, atleast the good ones, have a knack for making players better. Such as Romeo Crennel, Belicheck, Miami's coach seems to have made the Dolphins better already, etc. My philosophy is all the players have talent. Some may have a little more but they can all compete. The key is teaching them how to transfer their raw skills onto the field. That being said, i think Woolfolk like Dyson can improve playing somewhere else.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

No. No I didn't. I started this thread a second time to appease RollTide in his assertion that I was labeling people and trying to set up a situation to dis them with some kind of hater tag, which is not what I have done, nor do I inted to. I also redid this thread because I mistakenly submitted the other poll as non-public which was a mistake on my part. In all liklihood I am flat out wrong about Andre, but I hope that is not the case. Still, it seems to me that being critical to Woolfolk is hip, but that is just my perception. I'm not one that tells people what they should think because I acknowlege on my own that many members here know the ends and outs of the league, our organization, and coaches better than I. The replies to this thread have been thought provoking and I think on the whole it has been a productive dialog. I appreciate you giving me credit for being realistic though.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm assuming you realize that Woolfolk's has had legitimate performance impeding injuries.

http://www.titansonline.com/team/players/bio.php?PRKey=100

Two ACL injuries are indeed more severe than the injuries Woolfolk incurred. However, Woolfolk did play through and return quickly from his injuries. And even though KVB's season's were tanked, he was still considered a bust pick by Arizona fans and coaches and released.

Since you appear interested in absolutes only, I'll take a minute to spell it out more slowly. The KVB analogy is valid because he was considered an "underachiever", "injury prone" player who would never be able to live up to expectations. The simple matter of fact is that either 1) Arizona gave up too early on him or 2) he didn't flourish under their system. These are both points I've been trying to make for Woolfolk's case here in Tennessee.

I'm not interested in making you or anyone else a Woolfolk fan. I just want people to think more rationally.

Personally, I think Woolfolk is a class act and WILL be an upper echelon NFL DB. I just hope it's with the Titans.

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Good post.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

No prob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar