Woolfolk Fighting to Keep Job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

yeah Brian, shame on you.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

no way dude.

3. No Brian...... Which bears more weight and credit ..... what the Coach, Jeff Fisher, just said yesterday or a reporters words in his own story.... Besides isn't this just a spin on what Andre said himself, which started this thread in the first place. Want to tell us something we don't already know Brian...... Here again are Fisher's most recent words on Andre as an answer to a question that was really designed to hint at Andre as a failure..... Only the Head Coach can correctly convey what an organization feels about a player and this nips it in the bud and confirms what I have said all along.... as long as Andre is healthy he steadily improves and that he has made big plays but a group of blind negative passion driven, hatred filled, Fake Fans always closed their eyes. I guess Jeff Fisher was just in Narnia or something if he thought this - Wrong, Jeff is a very smart realisc coach: With no further delay from Coach Fishers Wednesday MiniCamp Report:

"(on the difference it would make to have a solid nickel back the entire season)

It has. When Andre was playing it the past couple of years prior to the injury, he just kept improving and made some big plays two years ago prior to getting hurt in Jacksonville. It is a competitive spot and a spot that is not easy to learn. We actually consider it to be a starting position, a starting corner position because we play so many snaps with three corners on the field."

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

I guess it is easier to blame the injuries.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

This is ridiculous. What bears weight is who is out there when we play the first game. If Woolfolk can't beat out a 2nd year CB on the outside or a 2nd year S at the nickel (a guy who didn't play all last year) then Fisher is saying Andre is a bust. We shall see. May the best men win and if Andre shows enough in camp and pre-season games to win one of those jobs all the power to him.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Have we not been down this road before?

I think most titan fans are like me in that they no longer see andre the 1st rd draft pick samari rolle potential player but more as a role player. My take is that he counts $1.4M against the cap so let's try and get something for that money. If he doesn't start at corner or nickel then surely he won't be here in 07. He will count even more against the cap then and they will not pay that for a special teams player.

Once again nothing really harsh was said about andre but his uncle responds as if the kid was being lynched. Soxcat makes a little joke about andre learning corner from hill's game films and uncle responds that soxcat needs to have cold bear and hot food dumped on him. :sad2:

Talking about andre is about like having a conversation about waddell, claus or reynolds. Who cares! But one poster honestly believes there are others out there who are consumed with pasionate hate for him.

Uncle is andre's biggest enemy on this board because his fanaticism only brings out more criticism.

The bottom line is that as i write this andre woolfolk has been nothing but an oft injured BUST. Uncle knows this and that is why he is so hot headed everytime the slightest negative thing is said about him.

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

It's nearly impossible to be impartial when you know a player on a personal level. I hope Woolfolk burns it up in camp and becomes a major contributor to the defense this year. That's the best scenario for every Titans fan. Will it happen? I have no idea.

I have known one guy on a personal level who almost made the team. I wasn't even related to him, but I wanted him to make the final roster no matter what. It didn't happen. Everytime I saw a negative post about him, it ticked me off, but I bit my tongue as much as I could. But then again, my personality is much different from Uncle's. I understand his defense of Andre and I understand his anger.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

who was it?

we all know Starkiller is really OJ Small.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Ola Kimrin. He's trying out with the Dolphins this year by the way.

It doesn't make any logical sense, but that's still why I don't care for Rob Bironas :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar