Woolfolk Fighting to Keep Job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Entering his fourth season, CB Andre Woolfolk knows he's in a tough spot. It appears he has lost any chance to win back an outside position as coaches continue to rave over CB Reynaldo Hill's development this offseason. Woolfolk is trying to fend off second-year man S Vincent Fuller for the nickel spot. "I know I’m on the spot," Woolfolk said. "I’ve never felt more pressure than I do right now." Injuries have marred Woolfolk’s time as a Titan almost from the beginning. "In one way, it’s fueling me, because I know there’s so much competition out there," Woolfolk said. "Reynaldo did a good job last year when he came in. The injury for me did not help. It was really untimely. But I feel I have something to prove, and every day, that’s what I’m going out there to do."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How long until Brian gets his hands on this?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's all been said and done. It's good to see Woolfolk has a strong attitude about it. And you never know when someone will go down. He'll get opportunities this season which could make the difference next year when he is a free agent.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and since when has that ever stopped anyone. :brow:

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

True dat.

6. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Hope he stays healthy and learns to tackle. We need the depth at corner and nickel and he could be one of the important parts of our defense as we get deeper into the season. He will have a lot of competion at nickel if Fuller is what the coaches think he is. I believe our secondary will be the difference between a top 10 defense and an average defense.

7. Despite any arguments I've ever put up for him on this board which all of our arguments are irrelevant to what happens in the business of the game, I have always maintained that his character and resolve are Never Say Die, Now Ever or Again, He just said it himself in a nutshell. He started off well so far in the OTAs. Camp and the Pre Season and the Season will tell. One thing that I saw and paying respect to JWill, Bulluck4DMVP, RollTide (I think), and if I remember even you TJ, he said he would even play safety. Now with his tackling ability and hitting ability he could be a Rod Woodson type at safety. As I look back at some of his critical hits that are so memorable, Jamal Lewis and Todd Heap stick out the best but even before he got to the league in his senior year at OU in the Big-12 Championship game vs Colorado, he knocked the socks off of Chris Brown putting Chris down and out of the game. Of course there is more to safety than being physical, but he has that part well in hand. Sort of funny, but at a much, much, much, much lower level, I play in a turkey bowl every year and have played every year for 6 of the last 7 years. I am nearing 40 now (Oct). This is hardcore no pads tackle ball with a lot of ex-stars and a few current stars from this area (Tidewater). I used to play corner, now I play safety, for two reasons, I am a little heavier (5'11" 195) and probably a step slower and I am probably a little meaner than in the past.... OK, I weighed in..... and I am closing by saying I am expecting big things from Andre this year, because as I aaid so many times before he will be giving his all. At this point, only time will tell.....GoTitans.... WU out

8. We will see...

Good to see he really wants that Nickle position

9. Learns to tackle??? that is not an issue at all... He has been the # 1 or 2 tackling defensive back on the team in all his seasons even with missed games.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Keep fighting the good fight. Hope he makes it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar